Does anyone like Okami?

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Does anyone like Okami?

Postby Wolf Spirit » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:29 pm

I am crazy over Okami, and I wondered if anyone else here liked it too. If you've never played it, I can't recommend it enough! It's so beautiful! :cry:
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Re: Does anyone like Okami?

Postby Exit_Knifetail » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:41 pm

I love Okami- I've been playing it since it has been released on the PS2, and I even bought the American version of it (Even though, silly ole' young me figured out once returning home that American games don't work on European consoles).

I have the Wii version of it too, but I haven't played much of it yet- I've completed the game already in the PS2, so doing it again on a different platform seemed weird. Also the Wii is quiet sensitive, i.e. even though it is the perfect platform for the game to be on doesn't mean it gets any easier.

Though, I suppose if you like Okami you'd know about the game coming out on the DS, with Chibiterasu (Or somethin')and what-ss-his-face?
Exit_Knifetail

Postby Wolf Spirit » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Exit_Knifetail wrote:I love Okami- I've been playing it since it has been released on the PS2, and I even bought the American version of it (Even though, silly ole' young me figured out once returning home that American games don't work on European consoles).

I have the Wii version of it too, but I haven't played much of it yet- I've completed the game already in the PS2, so doing it again on a different platform seemed weird. Also the Wii is quiet sensitive, i.e. even though it is the perfect platform for the game to be on doesn't mean it gets any easier.

Though, I suppose if you like Okami you'd know about the game coming out on the DS, with Chibiterasu (Or somethin')and what-ss-his-face?

Cool, and yeah, Okamiden! I've pre-orderded it and it looks amazing! I also downloaded the demo from the Nintendo channel!
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby MinogueLover » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:57 pm

I have seen pictures of it, and I also love wolves!! Was going to get the game but don't really know what its about... could you explain? :)
MinogueLover

Postby Wolf Spirit » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 pm

MinogueLover wrote:I have seen pictures of it, and I also love wolves!! Was going to get the game but don't really know what its about... could you explain? :)

Sure.

The game is set in ancient Japan (or Nippon, as they call it in the game). Before the game's plot, there is a story about a man and a wolf who work together to seal away a demon (Orochi). The wolf sadly dies, and they make a statue in honour of the wolf. Years later, however, Orochi is released again, causing havoc upon Nippon. But then a sun goddess from the Shinto religion, Amaterasu, comes back in the form of the wolf. So you play as Okami Amaterasu (or Ammy, for short; Okami means wolf and god in Japanese), restoring trees, defeating demons, etc. I have never cried so much at a video game. It's fantastic.
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc