Eurovision 2011

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Eurovision 2011

Postby Remus » Sat May 14, 2011 11:16 am

Eurovision 2011 tonight and I believe this is like my 4th board now on it! :) Who will be watching it tonight? I watch it loyally, it's just a bit of fun and love the whole spirit of the event. I hate the people who takes it really seriously though and get all political and start bashing countries, no fun at all.

What do you think of our entry? I am so glad they picked Blue, I think it is a decent song, probably one of the first times I have actually liked our entry and it such an improvement on the disaster of last year.

Any other countries you will be cheering for? I normally don't see the songs apart from our one until the actual final but this year, I've watched the semi-finals and I have to admit there is some really good songs about. At first, I thought this was going to be a terrible year but there is quite a few songs which you need to listen to a few times before you start liking them. I love Iceland's song, very tragic story behind but the dedication to the original singer is quite nice and happy. Russia, Azerbaijan, Denmark, Romania and a few others I am really looking forward to.

I was quite shocked by Ireland. I hate Jedward, cannot stand them but I cannot help but love their song, it's so catchy. Apparently they are 2nd favourites to win now.
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Eurovision 2011

Postby 07williamsdj » Sat May 14, 2011 11:24 am

I remember watching something about blue, they seem good just not my type of music. I will probably watch the final.
07williamsdj

Postby Philip » Sat May 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Every year I say I would not watch it, but find myself always tuned into it.
Philip
Splendiferous Member

Postby galexy96 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Most of the songs were really boring. I was supporting UK, Ireland, Denmark and Georgia though. I didnt think Azerbaijan should have won, they were really boring, out of the top three Sweden should have won, at least his was catchy.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Steph » Sun May 15, 2011 12:00 am

I knew this topic would have been started by you, Remus :lol: I didn't watch it as I was out at my second cousin's wedding all evening but I came back when the winning song was playing at the end. My mum said she found Blue's performance disappointing.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Sun May 15, 2011 11:40 am

I was really happy with Azerbaijan winning as it was on my favourites so I didn't mind if it won. For me, I think it was a higher quality of songs than usual, I loved Russia, Denmark, Spain, Hungrary, Ireland, Romania, Sweden and Estonia. I voted for Iceland though as I completely loved their song and I found the whole story behind it quite touching.

I think the UK did really well to get 100 points although apparently they were having sound issues in rehearsals and I have to admit, it didn't sound as good as I have heard it on the night but still good.

How Italy got 2nd place though I do not know, I think that was the worst song in the contest, they was points where he was shrieking down the microphone, it was not good.

I found the venue a bit disappointing though. Whilst Germany's stage was amazing, in 2009, Russia had those epic flying swimming pools and last year, Norway had that big flashdance but Germany just had that guy singing and it was a little bit flat.

I loved Graham Norton's commentary as always especially the comment about Iceland's voting person who was wearing this flower thing and he said "What have you came as? Is she going to be sacrifice later?" :lol:
Remus
Site Admin

Postby safcjcp » Sun May 15, 2011 9:49 pm

I think azerbijan were the 2nd best country. I think Finland with da da dum were the best
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." — Frank Zappa
safcjcp
Forum Master

Postby Luna_is_so_cool_like » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:07 am

blue were my favorite.
- If ever you feel hella sad, just remember that you're hella rad -
Luna_is_so_cool_like
Splendiferous Member

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc