Torchwood - Miracle Day

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Torchwood - Miracle Day

Postby Remus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Did anybody watch the first part tonight?

I know originally I wasn't going to watch after what happened in CoE but I thought why not, might as well give it a chance and it think they did well to leave such a big gap between Season 3 and 4 as I think people really needed time to get over what happened.

Overall, I enjoyed it, more than I thought I would but that been said, to me, it felt very much like a completely different programme. I liked it but it wasn't the Torchwood I knew and loved and it made me miss Ianto, Tosh and Owen quite a bit. I really don't get why RTD won't bring Ianto/Tosh/Owen back. I mean, they brought Suzie back and it is sci-fi so anything is possible. The whole concept is very interesting though and rather scary when you think about, we really would be in trouble if death should stopped. I liked the scenes in Wales more than I did America. Don't get me wrong, I love Americans as I have quite a few American friends and I generally think their TV series are usually a lot better than ours but it did feel so different compared to the previous series within the UK. I liked the American actresses especially the doctor but the actors, that Rex guy, I hate his guts! He just seems like I really angry guy! What he did at the end really ticked me off especially as Jack and Gwen were talking about rebuilding the institute and then he wrecks it! I really hope he improves otherwise I hope they kill him off or get rid of him so how. That other guy as well, the paedo killer, he really creeps me out!

I liked the action scenes at Gwen's house and on the beach, that really did feel like typical Torchwood. The burnt body with the head... that was freaky. Aww... and isn't Gwen and Rhys's baby cute, I loved how it was smiling whilst Gwen was shooting at the helicopter. Although I really do fear for Rhys this season.... I think if someone is going to die, it might be him! :(
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Torchwood - Miracle Day

Postby _robyn_ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Remus wrote:Did anybody watch the first part tonight?

I know originally I wasn't going to watch after what happened in CoE but I thought why not, might as well give it a chance and it think they did well to leave such a big gap between Season 3 and 4 as I think people really needed time to get over what happened.

Overall, I enjoyed it, more than I thought I would but that been said, to me, it felt very much like a completely different programme. I liked it but it wasn't the Torchwood I knew and loved and it made me miss Ianto, Tosh and Owen quite a bit. I really don't get why RTD won't bring Ianto/Tosh/Owen back. I mean, they brought Suzie back and it is sci-fi so anything is possible. The whole concept is very interesting though and rather scary when you think about, we really would be in trouble if death should stopped. I liked the scenes in Wales more than I did America. Don't get me wrong, I love Americans as I have quite a few American friends and I generally think their TV series are usually a lot better than ours but it did feel so different compared to the previous series within the UK. I liked the American actresses especially the doctor but the actors, that Rex guy, I hate his guts! He just seems like I really angry guy! What he did at the end really ticked me off especially as Jack and Gwen were talking about rebuilding the institute and then he wrecks it! I really hope he improves otherwise I hope they kill him off or get rid of him so how. That other guy as well, the paedo killer, he really creeps me out!

I liked the action scenes at Gwen's house and on the beach, that really did feel like typical Torchwood. The burnt body with the head... that was freaky. Aww... and isn't Gwen and Rhys's baby cute, I loved how it was smiling whilst Gwen was shooting at the helicopter. Although I really do fear for Rhys this season.... I think if someone is going to die, it might be him! :(

I <3 Torchwood! I like it because I loved doctor who but as I got older i did not like it as much so Torchwood is great because it is for older people.

"Wales is insane!" I liked rex until he the very end. I love gwen especially with her welsh accent. "Yes Mum, I have been feeding her Larder!"
I also miss Ianto! So sad when he died. :( But I'm really happy Torchwood is back and i can't wait for the rest of the series!! :D
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby justme6565 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:04 pm

I've been quite a fan of Torchwood for a while now, but I think that Miracle Day was much too Americanized- and I'm American. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good television, but to me, it just doesn't feel like Torchwood. It's a psychotic, flat, version of Gwen's character, and a flat version of Jack, thrown in with a bunch of American rouge CIA members... Like Gwen said regarding lemonade: "It's fizzy in the UK, flat in the US..."
“Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.” ~Bette Midler
justme6565
Forum Master

Postby _robyn_ » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Although it is not as good as when it was all in England/Wales. But I still <3 Gwen!

Gwen is probably my favourite character.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Remus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:02 am

Yeah, I love American series. I generally think when it comes to TV series, America most of the time does pull it off better as most of my favourite series are American. But yeah, it does feel very American and whilst I think there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't really suit Torchwood and maybe it is okay for one series but if it does continue, I really hope it heads back more towards the old format.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby hagrid » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:51 am

i really liked the new series, especially as it seems to be one bigstory instead of lots of little ones, however i missed the children of earth, what happened to jacks old boyfriend
hagrid
Forum Master

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:51 pm

I'm going to be staying with my nan from Wednesday to Sunday and we're both going to watch it on Thursday, so I've been catching up. I watched the first three episodes back to back, and I only have last week's to watch. So far I'm enjoying, though I do feel the disembodied arm and the other gory scenes are unnecessary. I just think there are other ways to show how the human race was affected without showing all that lot. The woman with the neck. Shudder.

And I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Wayne Knight is in this. Am I the only one thinks that's a little weird? It's really interesting to see him play a different role other than the overweight-bumbling idiot-friend-of-the-main-character role, even though Friedkin is a bit of idiot.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby justme6565 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:53 pm

hagrid wrote:i really liked the new series, especially as it seems to be one bigstory instead of lots of little ones, however i missed the children of earth, what happened to jacks old boyfriend

Ianto? The villians of the Children of Earth, the 456, killed him.... :cry:
“Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.” ~Bette Midler
justme6565
Forum Master

Postby Remus » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:10 pm

justme6565 wrote:Ianto? The villians of the Children of Earth, the 456, killed him.... :cry:

Ianto... :cry: The events of day four and five still horrify me.

Beth, there is a particular scene is episode four which I found really creepy, just the thought of it freaked me out and I found it worse because of the miracle.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:16 pm

I'll remember to shut my eyes :lol:
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby _robyn_ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:35 am

Remus wrote:
justme6565 wrote:Ianto? The villians of the Children of Earth, the 456, killed him.... :cry:

Ianto... :cry: The events of day four and five still horrify me.

Beth, there is a particular scene is episode four which I found really creepy, just the thought of it freaked me out and I found it worse because of the miracle.

The creepy bit, I think I know which bit you mean. It creeped me out as well, but I think the next episode looks awesome!!
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:55 pm

I shut my eyes at "that bit", but conveniently my nan told me what it was. Thanks, Nan :| Anyway, I don't know if anyone found this, but the scene that disturbed me was the part where Rex was running up the stairs with the sound of his heart beating. I am completely terrified of the sound of a heart beat - it's one of the sounds that I simply cannot stand (that, and babies crying) I don't know, maybe I'm just weird! :lol:

Anyway, since I watched the first three episodes yesterday, I found it rather difficult to sleep. But the weird thing is, all the creepy scenes didn't bother me while I was watching them, it was a few hours afterward that I started getting jumpy and nervous. I was so scared that I couldn't even reach out my hand to turn off my light, it was that bad. But luckily, I wrote for a little while, which took my mind off it. And once I was asleep, I was fine. Did anyone else find this? I mean, I've always been a little bit afraid of the dark, so...

MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby 07williamsdj » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 pm

I do like gwen, she is a proper welsh woman lol.
07williamsdj

Postby _robyn_ » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:04 am

I can't believe the end of the latest episode...it made me just feel...not a cringy feeling but, just felt so awful what happened!!
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:46 am

I'm really unsure whether I'm going to be watching on Thursday. I have been with Torchwood since the very start of it but for me, the last episode really did push the boundaries with the whole death camps storyline, I found the idea really uncomfortable and different to watch, poor Vera. :cry: She was like my favourite new character. I'm just tired of TW being just death and despair.
Remus
Site Admin

Next

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc