Pottermore

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Pottermore

Postby Remus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:42 pm

http://www.pottermore.com/

Is anybody else really excited about this? I cannot wait to get in! This whole week they've been running this magical quill task where you can get the chance to make an account and gain access to Pottermore early. I got my account (RainNettle3) on Day 2 (Chamber of Secrets) and cannot wait to get the welcome letter! I would hated waiting until October for it to be opened for the public.

I'm going to try and grab another spare account for myself today as well as one for my friend, Tori.

*Oops, sorry for the double post! It's glitched.
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Pottermore

Postby galexy96 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:12 pm

I got an account on the third day. My username is Flameflight12 :) I hope i can enter soon, it's exciting. Maybe i'll see you on there.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby hagrid » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:49 am

that looks son cool guess im gonna have to wait till october though :(
hagrid
Forum Master

Postby Remus » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Neat username, I got mine on the second day, RainNettle3. Totally appropriate as I love the rain and I am currently teaching Herbology in a Harry Potter guild.

There is still time to get in, the Magical Quill task is open for another three days.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby hagrid » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:03 pm

what sort of time do you have to get on for the question to still be there. i went on at about nine this mornin and it had finished for the day
hagrid
Forum Master

Postby galexy96 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:17 pm

today is day 5 so the question has not been put up yet, im not sure what time it will though.
galexy96

Postby Remus » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Today hasn't finished yet, it hasn't been updated yet, It's Day 5 today so it will be on the Order of the Phoenix.

Basically it will ask you a question and then you have to come up with the answer and add to this website:

http://quill.pottermore.com/ and then add the number to the address.

The question is a number based one and usually you have to multiply it by something to get the answer.

An example of one of the questions was "How many Triwizard Champions were there?" and then multiple the answer by 28 or something like that.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Finally, got my Welcome letter email today and started to exploring Pottermore. I got sorted as well which I was really nervous about especially with J.K Rowling short clip before it and the sorting hat's decision being final. Anyway, I answered the questions as honest as I could and I got:

Hufflepuff! :D The one I wanted to be! I literally jumped for joy! I was really dreading being put in Slytherin or Ravenclaw but completely happy with Hufflepuff as with the various HP guilds I have been in, I have always been in Hufflepuff and I think if Hogwarts was real, that is where I would end up.

I'm really enjoying Pottermore, I loved Diagon Alley and shopping and getting my wand and cat. I haven't earn any house points yet though. I officially hate Potions though, evil potions! I really suck at brewing potions, I cannot even got the practice one right, it wouldn't let me stir properly so I run out of the time and the potion goes bad. I had to laugh though because if you think about it, Potions wouldn't exactly be a dyspraxic friendly subject now would it! :P
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Kirbster12 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:04 am

Wow! That looks amazing Remus! How do you find the questions?
And how is your wand chosen?
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Postby galexy96 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:59 pm

You're lucky Remus, I havent recieved my welcome letter yet, I will tell you whta I get when I do recieve it though.
galexy96

Postby Remus » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Kirbster12 wrote:Wow! That looks amazing Remus! How do you find the questions?
And how is your wand chosen?

You get sorted in Chapter 7 and you get your wand in Chapter 5 with Diagon Alley. Basically each one is a quiz which you have to answer as honest as possible to determine which house/wand you are going to get.

galexy96 wrote:You're lucky Remus, I havent recieved my welcome letter yet, I will tell you whta I get when I do recieve it though.

I'm sure you will get it soon, Lucy! :D What house are you hoping to be in?
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:28 pm

I don't really mind which house, fate will choose lol.
galexy96

Postby Remus » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:40 pm

For me, I really did not want Slytherin. I think all four houses are cool in their own way but Slytherin is the worst one for my personality.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Slytherin are probably worst for my personality aswell, but it might be cool to be in the 'evil' house :)
galexy96

Postby Remus » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Yeah, I guess being in the evil house would be a lot of fun and they are doing really well at the moment, in 2nd place for the house cup.
Remus
Site Admin

Next

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc