Anime

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Anime

Postby Wolf Spirit » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:12 am

Hi everybody! I've recently being getting more and more into anime. When I was little, I loved watching Pokemon, but now I just play the games. I love Studio Ghibli movies, especially The Cat Returns and Princess Monoke, and my favourite anime TV series is Wolf's Rain (it made me cry buckets). I've also started getting into Lucky Star. Does anybody else like anime?
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Re: Anime

Postby Remus » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:19 pm

I love My Neighbour Totoro and Spirited Away. I've been meaning to watch some of the other Studio Ghibli movies but I never got around to it.

I used to love watching Pokemon as a kid too! I was big on Digimon too as well as Monster Rancher and Dragonball Z, sweet childhood memories. :D I also remember watching Shin Chan as a kid but recently, I've been watching Shin Chan but the Funanimation dub which is very rude and a lot of adult humour but I love it, it's so fun.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Wolf Spirit » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Sadly I've only seen clips of My Neighbour Totoro and Spirited Away. They both seem like awesome movies. I've heard of Dragonball Z and Digimon but have never seen them, and I have never heard of Monster Rancher or Shin Chan. Hm, maybe I'm a bit too young to see the latter.
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby lycanfist » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm a huge fan of anime too, I used to watch pokemon and one piece alot, but now I just stick to the games. I'm a huge fan of digimon, dragon ball z, and fullmetal alchemist, but I really don't get why people are so fussed about bleach and naruto, too me it doesn't have much of a storyline. Soon I'm going to start watching hunter x hunter, it looks awesome
Last edited by lycanfist on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm not a big fan of anime, but I like Spirited Away, The Cat Returns (the Baron was hot!), Princess Mononoke(sp?) and Howl's Moving Castle. I also like Kingdom Hearts, but I don't really like for its anime aspect.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:48 pm

I own a few gihbli films on DVD. Naussica, Pom Poko, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro, Only Yesderday, Tales of Earthsea, and Spirited away. I have also watched Whisper of the heart, the Cat Returns, Howls Moving Castle, and Ponyo

My other anime DVDs are ones directed Satoshi Kon (not all that much of an overlap there), I only have Paprika, Tokyo Godfathers, and Milenium actress though. I've seen Paranoia agent (it was great), and hope to aquire more of his works.

I wouldn't say I was majorly into anime (not compared to some I know), but I do watch more than most people. I was really gutted about the timing of the expo this year, because me and my friends were going to do a pandora hearts group cosplay but it clashed with my exams. :(

I barely made it the year before, my last exam was on the friday. I understand many people find some younger (ie, young teenage) anime fans annoying, and having it during the school term cuts out that problem, but cutting out most university students in the process when our term ends sooner seems silly.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:24 am

Cardcaptor Sakura! :D
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Postby lycanfist » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Long time no post :D

I've recently bought a few mangas, shaman king volumes 1-5, I've also finished watching hunter x hunter, highschool of the dead, and fullmetal alchemist (again :D). I'm so exited about this anime convention coming in February, it's going to be my first, and me and my friends are going to cosplay as well. They're all doing naruto cosplays, but I'm going to cosplay as Edward Elric from fullmetal alchemist, and soon I'm going to make a topic about it, stage by stage as I put it together :mrgreen: 8)
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Postby Luna_is_so_cool_like » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 am

I love anime...
Studio ghlibi: My neighbor totoro and whisper of the heart
i love pokemon, cardcaptor sakura/cardcaptors, lucky star, chobits, clamp school detectives, sailor moon, animal crossing the movie, hana yori dango, tokyo mew mew and xxxholic
- If ever you feel hella sad, just remember that you're hella rad -
Luna_is_so_cool_like
Splendiferous Member

Postby Luna_is_so_cool_like » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:07 am

Purple_Alpaca wrote:Cardcaptor Sakura! :D

OH MY GOD!!!
MY FAVORITEST SERIES EVER!!!
"return to the guise you were meant to be in!"
Attachments
ccs_9_640.jpg
ccs_9_640.jpg (125.39 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
- If ever you feel hella sad, just remember that you're hella rad -
Luna_is_so_cool_like
Splendiferous Member

Postby haemopath_bro » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:16 am

i live and breathe anime.

anime series i have completed watching: tokyo mew mew, cardcaptors sakura, ranma 1/2, blood+, rosario+vampire, hellsing ova, sailor moon, karin, deathnote

anime i'm currently watching: kuroshitsuji, highschool of the dead (best zombie anime ever), moonphase and shaman king

i've seen heaps of studio ghibli films and have even been to the museum in tokyo
marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu boku hetalia
haemopath_bro
Mega Poster

Postby Connor95 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:03 pm

haemopath_bro wrote:i live and breathe anime

Same here. anime changed my life in an unpredictable way says misaka as misaka writes down on english homework
Image Konnichiwa says misaka as misaka bows respectively
Connor95

Postby Wolf Spirit » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Luna_is_so_cool_like wrote:I love anime...
i love pokemon, cardcaptor sakura/cardcaptors, lucky star, chobits, clamp school detectives, sailor moon, animal crossing the movie, hana yori dango, tokyo mew mew and xxxholic

I've heard of Tokyo Mew Mew and Sailor Moon, but what are they actually about and what age group are they suitable for?

Anyway, has anybody seen Cowboy Bebop? Apparently it was made by the same people that did Wolf's Rain. (Those people are incredible. Seriously. Wolf's Rain is the greatest anime ever created in my opinion.)
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby haemopath_bro » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Wolf Spirit wrote:
Luna_is_so_cool_like wrote:I love anime...

I've heard of Tokyo Mew Mew and Sailor Moon, but what are they actually about and what age group are they suitable for?

Anyway, has anybody seen Cowboy Bebop? Apparently it was made by the same people that did Wolf's Rain. (Those people are incredible. Seriously. Wolf's Rain is the greatest anime ever created in my opinion.)

tokyo mew mew is about 5 girls, ichigo, mint, lettuce, pudding and zakuro, who embody the spirits of 5 red data animals and run arouund and save the world from from aliens and thier chimera animals.

sailor moon is sort of similar but there's one for each of the planets plus the moon (pluto included) and fight the evil negaverse. both are amied at girls but anyone can enjoy them

also everyone needs to watch hetalia big times yo!
marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu boku hetalia
haemopath_bro
Mega Poster

Postby forhad » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 pm

My favorites are Death note, D. Gray-man, Bleach, Katekyo HItman Reborn, Fairy Tail, Princess tutu, Sailor moon and so many! :)
forhad

Next

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc