Educating Essex

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Educating Essex

Postby Steph » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Who else has been following this? I think it's fascinating and I hope they do a second series. I love Mr Drew! He's just so funny-I would have loved it if he was at my school! The school reminds me a lot of how my secondary school was when I was there but the behaviour at my school was slightly worse. Apparently next week they are going to be featuring a Year 11 student with Aspergers Syndrome which should be interesting.
Steph
Forum God !

Re: Educating Essex

Postby wadey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:55 am

I been following it. I wished my secondary was like that, the teachers there seem so understanding and supportive. My school was bad, it had a bad repittuion as every day we would have the police or ambulance called in. I hope they do a second series as well, can't wait till this week show
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Most of my teachers were really supportive and understanding but we used to have a really bad reputation as our GCSE results score was so poor and we were put into special measures by OFSTED and so had a new headmaster brought in just to sort us out! I quite often think though that schools with the poorest results league tables wise can be a lot better with pastoral issues than more high achieving schools but that's just from personal experience.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Steph wrote:Most of my teachers were really supportive and understanding but we used to have a really bad reputation as our GCSE results score was so poor and we were put into special measures by OFSTED and so had a new headmaster brought in just to sort us out! I quite often think though that schools with the poorest results league tables wise can be a lot better with pastoral issues than more high achieving schools but that's just from personal experience.

In a way I can see where you are coming from, my brother, me and my sis all went to diffferent school, my sister went to a school which was high achieving but she found that the teacher wasn't good with any pastoral issues, my brother being serverly dyslexic and have a statement went to a lower achiveing school but he found that they were excellent with pastoral issues and really enjoyed there. While with me I didn't have a statement which meant I only had 1 choice of school which like my brother was a lower achiveing shool, had a reptition for poor behaviour etc and I found that the teacher there just didn't care about the pupils. But with my mum, sister, autine and uncle all being teachers I agree with what you saying, some schools I guess are just failing in all area and need that help, I know my old school has changed a lot from when I left and from what I understand from my step-brother it a lot better now.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:04 pm

My secondary school was named on my statement as the best possible school for me as the class sizes were small like ones in private school but it was a state and non selective school so the teaching pace was more suitable than a selective school. I loved it there.
Steph
Forum God !

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc