dr who christmas special

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

dr who christmas special

Postby hagrid » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:24 pm

i watched the doctor who christmas special this year and felt thoroughly dissapointed. i was extremely bored through out the whole show as there was very little happening. i nearly cheered when i saw bill bailley however he was gone within five minutes. did anyone else feel the same
hagrid
Forum Master

Re: dr who christmas special

Postby _robyn_ » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:00 am

Yes. I find that with quite alot of the recent episodes.

I actually love matt smith as the doctor, and how he plays him but Stephen Moffat I hate. The only reason he is the main writer is because he wrote "blink" which was a AMAZING episode. But since he started the episodes have just gone down hill.

Either in the episode nothing is happening and it drags on or too much is happening.
So a example of a good episode which I liked was Vampires in Vennace. Which I loved. A example of too much happening is the pandora- seriously? It made sense to a doctor who fanatic but my sister had no clue what was going on.

and then of course the christmas special is a example of one that drags on.

I think Stephen Moffat needs to start writing more episode like Blink.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:02 pm

I agree. As I told my family on Christmas Day, it's not the actors' fault, it's the writers. Moffat needs to buck up his ideas if he wants to keep the ratings up.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby hagrid » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:46 am

if youve ever watched the series sherlock stephen moffat writes that and it is absolutely amazing. i wish he would focus on that and leave doctor who give to back to other writers
hagrid
Forum Master

Postby _robyn_ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:53 pm

hagrid wrote:if youve ever watched the series sherlock stephen moffat writes that and it is absolutely amazing. i wish he would focus on that and leave doctor who give to back to other writers

Thats a good idea.

Moffat can be a good writer, as I said Blink is one of the best episodes ever. But some episodes are just so disappointing. I think Moffat should leave doctor who and give it to someone else. (like bring Russel T Davies back :D)
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby hagrid » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:26 pm

yeah and take russell davies of torchwood as that last series he did set in america was extremely slow as well
hagrid
Forum Master

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc