Great Expectations

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Great Expectations

Postby Steph » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Has anyone else been watching this drama? I have never read the original novel by Charles Dickens but I know the vague outlines of the story. I have enjoyed watching it.
Steph
Forum God !

Re: Great Expectations

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:00 pm

I've recorded it on Sky+, but haven't had the chance to watch it yet. I read some parts of the novel in school and really enjoyed it.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Kirbster12 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:57 am

Is it just me, or does Pip seem a little dyspraxic (especially in part 2)? In the beginning of that episode, he's really clumsy when he dances, and on numerous occasions, he can't keep eye contact. When Estella leaves him in the lake, he doesn't seem to know what he's done wrong. When Drummle takes Pip to the brothel, he doesn't seem to understand what's going on.
Also, when he first signs a document, his handwriting's as bad as mine! :D
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Postby galexy96 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:53 pm

I have just watched them all at once because i recorded them. I enjoyed watching it but i felt like there were lots of story lines going on at once, however i was able to keep up with all of them so i still enjoyed it.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Remus » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:09 pm

I've never read the book and had no idea what it was about but I watched the first two episodes but I just really couldn't get into it. It just confused me, I think it is one of those adaptations where I would have to read the book first to make sense of it.
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc