Am I too old?

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Am I too old?

Postby Kirbster12 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:12 pm

When I was about seven or eight (Quite a while ago, now) I discovered Neopets (some of you may have heard of it)I'd always enjoyed virtual pet games, so, naturally, I was hooked. I played it for weeks, months, years. Even now, I log on to check how my pets are going. My family were fine with it when I was younger, but nowadays, my sister is always telling on me when she spots me on it. Her excuses are "It's a baby game (and I admit, It's a colourful, family site)" and "It crashes the computer" My mum says "It's a bit weird of you"...But I can't help it! I NEED ADVICE!!!
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Re: Am I too old?

Postby 07williamsdj » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:36 pm

I don't really see the problem with you doing that, I would happily play with lego if I had the chance. They just need to understand that people do some "different" things. If you keep on doing it they might give up saying things.
07williamsdj

Postby Remus » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:23 pm

Personally, I don't see any problem with it but I'm kinda of biased as I'm on there myself, lol. I joined back in the later years of primary school and just sort of grew up with it, it made a great escape from reality and I had always enjoyed anything virtual (I remember when I was very young owning those little pocket devices with virtual pets to take care of) even though, I spent less time on there these days.

I remember a discussion taking place on the HC about age and you would be surprised by the range of people on there, I have friends on there ranging from 15 to 50 and I know one person who knows someone on there who is 64 so age really doesn't matter. Besides, Neopets was originally developed and targeted at college students.

Do what makes you happy, not anybody else. I personally see it no different to any other virtual game/site such as Sims Social, Gaia etc.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Kirbster12 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks guys! I've kept going on it, and, fortunately, my mum isn't shouting at me about it, which is nice :)
By the way, Remus, what's your username?
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Postby Remus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Wildwindtornado is my username. :)
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:06 pm

I've only just went back on there today after like six months lol. I really needed a break from it because I was getting bored of it and also due to personal issues but I knew I would always go back at some point because it has been a source of a lot of good fun and memories.

Problem is now though is that I have missed so much over the months and I don't really know what to do especially with the Altador Cup being like half-way done, lol! :P
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc