The Hunger Games

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

The Hunger Games

Postby Creative » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:32 pm

I haven't read the books yet or seen the film. Are they good? Or is it a lot of hype over nothing? I keep reading that it's the new Twilight.
Creative
Forum God !

Re: The Hunger Games

Postby hagrid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:02 pm

the books are amazing not seen the film yet
hagrid
Forum Master

Postby Remus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:39 pm

I'm reading the first book at the moment and I'm totally hooked, I don't want to put it down when I'm reading. I find the concept just so unique and quite chilling as well. I cannot wait to go see the movie as well, the trailer looks quite good. :D

I really hate it though when people compare book series like Twilight and Harry Potter as every book is different and it isn't fair to the books nor the author.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:08 pm

I've read the books and they were amazing! I have just come back from the film, and i was so happy with it :D Obviously they missed some bits out, and skimmed over some bits, but it's a film, they have to do that and they didn't miss out any important bits. I would highly recommend reading the books and watching the film.Oh, and Twilight has nothing on The Hunger Games :mrgreen:
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Remus » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Lucy, how was the gore/blood level of the film? You see I want to see it after I finish the book and I know in the book, it has a few violent bits and I want to take my mum with me but she is really not a gore fan and really concerned with the blood and all that. I said to her though with the rating at what is has, I'm thinking it cannot be that bad although personally gore and blood doesn't bother me.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah the gore really isn't that bad, you hardly see much blood in it and they don't really focus on it. That is probably because it is a 12A. I'm not that great with blood and I was fine, so i'm sure your mum will be too.
galexy96

Postby Remus » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks Lucy! :D
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 pm

I've just finished reading the first book and it's official, the Hunger Games is now my new addiction, lol! :D I just love it.

I've just done a ID generator for the districs and to become a Panem citizen which is super cool! I got District 9 (Grain) and I've just ordered an actual physical ID card to be shipped over to me.

http://thecapitol.pn/

^ The link for anyone who wants to try it. You can log in using your Facebook account. Beware though, if you want a physical ID card sent to you, it is free but you do have to pay for the shipping charges.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Yeah, I think i'm addicted too, I love it, I really want to get a mockingjay pin but i don't know where to get one from.

I did the ID generator thing and got District 1 and my occupation was perfumer :mrgreen:
galexy96

Postby Remus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:48 am

I want one of those too, I'm planning on get one to stick on my coat. I've seen them on Ebay but the ones I have seen are quite pricey, I guess that can be expected with how popular the Hunger Games are.

Ah, a career district, cool! I much prefer your occupation, I'm a plower, lol. :P
Remus
Site Admin

Postby hagrid » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:00 pm

just watched the film and thought it was incredible. it was extremely loyal to the books i felt only skimming parts that were not important to the over all story
hagrid
Forum Master

Postby galexy96 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Yeah, maybe i will save up and get a pin.
I was happy when i found out i was in a career district, but district 9 is cool aswell.

Hagrid,I felt the same as you after seeing the film, I really like the way they did it and I already can't wait for it to come out in DVD :D
galexy96

Postby Remus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:07 pm

The Hunger Games comes out on DVD on Monday! I'm so excited! :D Cannot wait to see it again!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:54 am

Yay,my sister has pre ordered it, I can't wait, I have been waiting for ages for it to come out on DVD :mrgreen:
galexy96

Postby Remus » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:26 pm

I bought the DVD yesterday from Asda and watched it last night. Still amazing as always. One of those films where it doesn't matter if you've seen it before, you still get tense watching it. I can't help but getting teary as Rue's scene, that's just so sad.
Remus
Site Admin

Next

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc