Waterloo Road - Favourite Storylines and Characters

Chat here about your favourite music, books, films, TV programmes etc.

Best Head Teacher?

Jack Rimmer
14%
Andrew Treneman (Very Brief Period)
No votes
Rachel Mason
86%
Max Tyler
No votes
Karen Fisher
No votes
Michael Byrne
No votes

Total votes : 7

Waterloo Road - Favourite Storylines and Characters

Postby Remus » Thu May 03, 2012 9:26 pm

I know we already have a topic on Waterloo Road but that topic very much focuses on the weekly episodes so it's difficult to discuss about WR in general so I figured I would start a new topic. Anyway, let's talk, what was your most favourite storylines and characters of WR, not to mention best headteacher.

I personally always loved the scene where Stuart Hordley bursts into the assembly and reveals to everyone Rachel was formally a prostitute. I felt so sorry for Rachel, amazing acting by Eva Pope. The fire afterwards was quite dramatic as well!

The whole storyline with Max Tyler creating carnage within the school I loved watching. As much as I loathe his character, I couldn't help but love him at the same time because he was so totally evil and I think at times, evil characters are more fun to watch.

I'm re-watching the series at the moment, I'm on series 2 and I cannot help wonder what things would have been like if Izzie and Lorna had survived.
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Waterloo Road - Favourite Storylines and Characters

Postby Steph » Thu May 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Rachel Mason was my all time favourite headteacher-she was so passionate about the kids and really kind hearted!

As for storylines, I really liked Janeece and Ruby's surrogacy storyline. I also liked Grantly and Maggie's romance as that showed a real sensitive side to Grantly's character that you just don't get to see in the classroom. I also liked the Tom and Josh father and son one.

There is more for me to write but I will do it tomorrow as have a banging headache right now!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby kat95 » Fri May 04, 2012 6:13 pm

I like Rachel Mason too. She was just really empathetic and caring and just a really good character. In terms of story lines I liked the ones back with Davina and Tom and their relationship together. I thought they were a really sweet couple.
kat95
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Fri May 04, 2012 7:56 pm

I liked Davina and Tom but I preferred Rose and Tom. If you think about it, Tom's actually quite the ladies man what with Lorna, Izzie, Davina and Rose! I want him to get together with the new head of English!

I loved the Donte and Chlo pregnancy storyline, especially when she gave birth in the toilets! I don't like all the student/teacher relationships they have had-one's more than enough for me and the only one I really liked was the Jonah and Cesca one although it freaked me out as well!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby kat95 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 pm

That is true actually. Tom and Rose were very sweet together as well. Ahh nikki yeah they would make a good couple! They need some new relationships the plot is getting a bit disjointed in my opinion. I prefer to watch the old series back rather than the new series.

I agree with you about the Donte and Chlo storyline. Especially as it developed over time rather than just being one episode.
kat95
Mega Poster

Postby wadey » Sat May 05, 2012 7:10 pm

my favourite head was Jack Rimmer

I liked the story line of Dontae and Clo pregency, I also like Maxine death but my all time favourite storyline was Sambuca's illness.......it was very well written/played and also quite emotional.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Wed May 09, 2012 8:42 pm

I liked Rachel Mason and Eddie Lawson's romance too.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Thu May 10, 2012 5:44 pm

I wish Tom would settle down with someone else as well, he goes through way too many women! :lol: Where has Rose gone? She seems to have just vanished out of the blue.

I really love Karla's character and it was really good how their wrote her storylines.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:07 pm

I am liking the Connor and Christine alcoholism storyline at the moment. I don't like Christine as a character but I like the storyline and it's a good awareness raiser as there are loads of children who have to grow up with alcoholic parents. I hope she can get help to stop drinking as I think she will be a nicer person once she stops drinking.
Steph
Forum God !

Return to Movie, music, books, theatre etc