Switch to full style
Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)
Post a reply

For those who are unable to drive...get a bus pass!

Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:04 pm

Due to my dyspraxia and other disabilities, I am medically unfit to drive and I wanted to pass on a tip to others who are in a similar situation.

If you can get a letter from your doctor/ the DVLA specifying that you are medically unfit to drive, you should be able to obtain a bus pass in your permanent place of residence. You will need to go to the offices of your local council to get the application form, although information is usually posted on their website under transport.

I had a struggle getting mine, although I had a letter from my doctor - I think because I am young and don't look any different to an 'able bodied' person of my age, but persevere and you should succeed.

I find my pass to be invaluable as I live some way out of the centre of Cambridge, and can't get to my University Department without it, particularly on bad days.

I hope this is useful.

Post a reply