Switch to full style
Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)
Post a reply

Re: Eating In Front Of People

Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 pm

I don't really mind eating in front of people although I can be a little self conscious at times. I used to be embarrassed at primary school because I had special adapted cutlery and everybody else ate with normal cutlery so that attracted a few stares and comments but I can use normal cutlery now. However I still tend to "tear" at my food with the fork rather than cutting it with the knife as I find manipulating the knife is hard for certain foods, particularly tough meats. My boyfriend often has to cut up my food for me when we are eating out together. I also spill food and drink a lot but I can laugh at myself about it now.

Re: Eating In Front Of People

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:00 am

I always make a huge mess when I eat I never took any real notice of it until in cookery class miss decided to give me a cake to eat in front of everyone to see what I thought of it and it was all over the place! :oops: Everyone laughed at me for that and I think I developed a phobia to eating when people are around. I don't eat anything in school any more with the exception of things like chocolate raisins because they're easy to stick in your mouth without people noticing.
Post a reply