Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)
Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:08 pm
There's probably a thread on this somewhere, but I can't find it. I keep losing focus when I'm trying to do work. I only have mild DCD/Dyspraxia; I've not been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. Could my lack of focus have anything to do with dyspraxia-- does anyone have any tips?
Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:14 pm
Yes - dyspraxia causes problems with attention.
1. Make sure you get enough sleep (easier said than done)
2. Promise yourself rewards fo difficult tasks
3. Wear earplugs if you are easily distracted by noise
4. Have something to play wioth in one hand (e.g. stress ball, piece of blu-tack)
5. Be patient with yourself. Accept that focus is a struggle aand that suimple taks make take a while because of this.
Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:19 am
Hmm, I'm gonna have a go with the Blu-Tack, I've realised that I always play with it unconciously whenever its around... I'll let you know how I get on when I get some.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.