moving house

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

moving house

Postby kitty123 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 am

i will soon be moving house i dont think i realy want to mum and dad have found a nice house i dont realy like thee idea of a new enviroment and school i have to ride a bike to school (push bike) i dont like the idea of that ethier how will i make freinds again and they might all think im realy weird i use a laptop in school and i dont know if otheres do there will be new teachers and a new uniform m in yr 9 and i always get cold and its a no jumper school in my old school we all wore green jumpers with a blazer oh also i might get lost on the way to my new school i need to look as if i know the way for my little brother who is autistic and dylexic i defo dont want to be late on my first day of school

if anybody has moved or goning to soon please tell me any tips thankyouuu
:) :D :? :|
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Re: moving house

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:20 am

You could take a trip to your new school a couple of times before you start so you are familiar. You could also wear a jumper underneath your shirt.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:49 pm

I agree with both of Alice's suggestions. I also think you should make a couple of trips to your new neighbourhood and get to know where the local shops are etc in relation to your new house so it will be easier for you to settle in.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Alice has some good suggestions. Also, maybe buy some thermal vests.

You can buy teen and adult-sized tricycles if a bike is too hard, but they are expensive. Or you could just walk instead.

When I started walking to high school, my mum walked me there a few times before I started and then every day for the first few weeks. When I had learned the way, I walked on my own.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips