Mucles shaking

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Mucles shaking

Postby James Brimer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Any body always councously feel there mucles shacking???, I can, mainly in my arms and it feels really wierd...Is it normal (for Dyspraxic's I mean).....
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Re: Mucles shaking

Postby galexy96 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:00 pm

yh that happens to me a lot in my knee. Its really weird, my trousers start viabrating and i loook down and its my knee shaking.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby abi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:39 pm

thats like me all the time
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby Alice » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:09 am

I seem to get two types of twitching/shaking. The most obvious is jerkey movements in my muscles especially my fingers, I've been to see a neurologist about this and after an MRI and a blood test he concluded that whatever it was doesn't seem to be damaging me. He said it could be linked to my dyspraxia.

The second is just the normal kind of shaking from exerting myself, but unfortunately frequentl especially when I have to aply force to something. This, combined with a very untoned apearence and low stamina, can only be explained by extreme unfitness. I think this is unfair since I get 3-6 hours excercise a week, and many far fitter pepole do none. Deep down though, I know it's my own faut... :P
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Rosie-posie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:52 pm

If you do that much exercise you wont be very unfit.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby Alice » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Rosie-posie wrote:If you do that much exercise you wont be very unfit.

You would think so and yet...

I probably don't push myself enough during exercize. Only explanaition I can think of.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Louise_tc » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:38 am

i have the shaking thing too,

Alice that can be linked to dyspraxia i have that too,
and i go on walks swimming,
just keep trying and it might improve. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Louise_tc
Advanced Member

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:59 am

If your leg is shaking it's known as RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) very common and I had it severely as a side effect of antidepressants.

It could just be that you're anxious. I know my anxious friend always has a tremor. Try breathing exercises or if it really bothers you Beta Blockers such as Propanolol from the doctor are extremely effective. Perhaps you should talk to a physician.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby JamesStanley » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 am

Yeah I have the shaking thing as well it really wierd so of my friends noticed it and was wondering why i was shaking i was like i dont know it just seems to happen randomly
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby wm1995 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Occasionally my leg starts shaking when I stretch. I also seem to have a twitch which would be comparable to if someone touched you with ice in the centre of the upper back.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby LadyAnna » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Shockingly, for no apparent reason sometimes I have these huge muscle twitches or shakes, in the upper body.People normally notice but take it lightly, or joke and say 'Has somebody been walking over your grave?' . Thankfully though they only last for around 3 seconds !!! :roll:
LadyAnna

Postby CallumCarr » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:03 pm

I get exactly the same thing as LadyAnna, i have realised that it is caused by heat change, generally when i get cold, i also get shivers down my spine regularly.
CallumCarr

Postby monkey » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:17 pm

my ones are similar also. I somtiems will get a shiver in my spine or up my arm. then I will have a twitch. those twtichs seem diferent to the other oens that can go for a logn time when I get the ones taht go for a long tiem I do not get shivers frist. the oens with the shiver is jsut my arm and neak and head and they go to teh side very quick and then it is over.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:34 pm

I get sudden, noticeable twitches in my upper body too that last for less than 5 seconds. Sometimes it's related to a drop in temperature but, more often, they have no known cause.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 pm

My fingers perpetually twitch a little. As I become tired, the muscles become fatigued, or I am under stress this twitching becoumes much worse. It seldome spreads past my wrist anymore but occasionally does spread to my forarm where it can become quite painful if it causes both sides to contract at the same time (bu this point I have little or no contol over my fingers) and I have to focus alot of attention on calming it down. It hasn't spread past my elbow in years. It's less noticable in my other muscles, but it affects all of them. The neurologist said it will get better over the years as I learn to overide it but that stress will always cause it to resurface. As a result, I've noticed it more in the last few weeks.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips