Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)
Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48 pm
I was wondering if anyone has any advice for leading people because I'm not really sure. I'm asking because I'm not really that confidence and everyone on this course I'm doing has to have a go at leading so if anyone could help. Thanks if you can
Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:43 am
i can probably help you, but it would be helpful to know a few things first.
what is it you are leading? do you know the people you are leading well? do you have a specific task to complete? how big is the team? how long do you have to lead for? does anyone in the group have specail abilitites or needs?
the more you can tell me the easier it will be to help.
Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:20 pm
I know them quite well
Our task is to build a path but we have to make phone calls to get the materials
I don’t think anyone does
Is there anything else you need to know? Thanks if you can help
Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:54 pm
useful skills in leadership are things like deligate, lead be example, and have confidience. these are available anywhere online, but i think more important things to point out to you will be
- look at thier faces, if you can thier eyes, but i know this is really hard. i look at the forehead or nose.
- make groung rules clear, but try to let yourself become draconian.
- have a signal for stop and listen (more for group work than setting tasks for individuals)
- plan the day
- overplan the day
- know your plans
- look for individuals with talent in a specific area, and use that talent
- try to appear confident, stand upright, thinnk through what you are saying brfore you say it, so you dont hesitate, use notes if it helps, if giving presentations, move areound, and use props to take the attention off your face.
- give yourself a task, so you are seen to help, but keep it a simple one so you can wacth over others at the same time
- be careful not to appear to stare at people, or micromanage them
- trust your team
- dont bull5h1t, if you dont know, say, if you need help, ask
- listen to evrybodys ideas, dont let any voice be drowned out by the crowd
- dont be afraid to ask a person to let another person speak.
hope i have helped, if you need more, ask.
Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:23 pm
I have one question what should I do if people start talking in their own groups or go off track? Thanks for the advice
Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:42 am
if you are all doing something, people talking in thier own groups is fine, but if you are trying to havea group discussion, or you are trying to make an announcement either use the signal for evryone to shut up and listen, of simply ask people to join in with the group.
do allow people time to talk in small groups if you can.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.