Switch to full style
Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)
Post a reply

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:39 pm

walking into doors

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:59 am

In science once we were doing something that involved test tubes... (You can see where this is going already, can't you?)
So, I was carrying my rack of 5 tubes from the sink back to my table. I was halfway across the room, when my teacher said "Everyone freeze for a minute" like teachers do. I stopped, then during the teachers instructions, my test tubes somehow managed to all slip out of the rack... ONE BY ONE. :shock: So as the teacher was talking, he had to stop to see what the *SMASH!* was when the first one fell. He said to me "How long did you last as a waitress in the pub?" (He makes jokes like this all the time). At this point, most of the class were staring at me. I tried to make a witty comment back (Which was "Trust me, I didn't"). Then the second fell, then the third, then the fourth, then the fifth. :oops: All Mr Lister could do was stare at me, and say "Rarely, rarely, rarely." I spent the next 15 minutes sweeping up all the glass. Thankfully, a couple of weeks later, I moved science group, as I swapped textiles for triple science. But to this day, Mr Lister still gives me evils whenever he sees me in the corridors.

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Luna_is_so_cool_like wrote:In science once we were doing something that involved test tubes... (You can see where this is going already, can't you?)
So, I was carrying my rack of 5 tubes from the sink back to my table. I was halfway across the room, when my teacher said "Everyone freeze for a minute" like teachers do. I stopped, then during the teachers instructions, my test tubes somehow managed to all slip out of the rack... ONE BY ONE. :shock: So as the teacher was talking, he had to stop to see what the *SMASH!* was when the first one fell. He said to me "How long did you last as a waitress in the pub?" (He makes jokes like this all the time). At this point, most of the class were staring at me. I tried to make a witty comment back (Which was "Trust me, I didn't"). Then the second fell, then the third, then the fourth, then the fifth. :oops: All Mr Lister could do was stare at me, and say "Rarely, rarely, rarely." I spent the next 15 minutes sweeping up all the glass. Thankfully, a couple of weeks later, I moved science group, as I swapped textiles for triple science. But to this day, Mr Lister still gives me evils whenever he sees me in the corridors.


I'm sure I've said this before, but I once smashed an entire tray full of glass beakers in a science lesson.

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:47 am

chocolatefudgecake wrote:
Luna_is_so_cool_like wrote:In science once we were doing something that involved test tubes... (You can see where this is going already, can't you?)
So, I was carrying my rack of 5 tubes from the sink back to my table. I was halfway across the room, when my teacher said "Everyone freeze for a minute" like teachers do. I stopped, then during the teachers instructions, my test tubes somehow managed to all slip out of the rack... ONE BY ONE. :shock: So as the teacher was talking, he had to stop to see what the *SMASH!* was when the first one fell. He said to me "How long did you last as a waitress in the pub?" (He makes jokes like this all the time). At this point, most of the class were staring at me. I tried to make a witty comment back (Which was "Trust me, I didn't"). Then the second fell, then the third, then the fourth, then the fifth. :oops: All Mr Lister could do was stare at me, and say "Rarely, rarely, rarely." I spent the next 15 minutes sweeping up all the glass. Thankfully, a couple of weeks later, I moved science group, as I swapped textiles for triple science. But to this day, Mr Lister still gives me evils whenever he sees me in the corridors.


I'm sure I've said this before, but I once smashed an entire tray full of glass beakers in a science lesson.


We are SO in sync! :D

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:51 am

Yesterday in Physics, my friend William made me laugh too much. Now, when I laugh, I find i usually end up faceplanting a table or something, to support me as i uncontrollably laugh. However, I ended up faceplanting my open pencilcase (You have to keep my pencilcase stood vertically) in which I have sharp pencils. It stung, and I thought that was it. However, as I rubbed the sore area of my cheek, I realised blood was going everywhere. To be honest, all I could do was laugh even more after this happened, knowing I'm probably the only person I know capable of doing this. Even my teacher was trying not to laugh. I had to rush down to first aid to clean it all up. Luckily, I'm fine, even if i do look like a vampire has bitten my cheek. A really tiny vampire at that....

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:26 am

it's not very funny but today I dropped an eggby mistakeI've never done that before

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 pm

When i was about 11 or 12 i was in Mcdonalds in sydney and i had a milkshake, and i couldn't drink it properly through the straw so i took the top off the cup and started to drink, i didn't notice that most of it was dripping down my coat and my two brothers began to laugh at me, i was upset at the time, but 8-9 years later i can laugh about it, and now whenever i do or say something wrong, my brother will say "that is such a dyspraxic hing to do" but i dont mind, its just one way to cope with it :D

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Wed May 15, 2013 7:45 pm

The house I currently live in has a few steps going down to the kitchen... You can see where this is going........... Needless to say one of the phrases that I utter all of the time of 'there's a step there!'

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am

A few times in Science lessons in school I was supposed to be pouring water into a container, and the people working with me told me to stop as it was full, and i kept on pouring.Needless to say, the floor was very wet afterwards :oops: Lets say they don't trust me to do it anymore, and I'm pretty much useless at experiments.

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Thu May 16, 2013 1:09 pm

nataliekirkland wrote:A few times in Science lessons in school I was supposed to be pouring water into a container, and the people working with me told me to stop as it was full, and i kept on pouring.Needless to say, the floor was very wet afterwards :oops: Lets say they don't trust me to do it anymore, and I'm pretty much useless at experiments.


I'm the same with the drinks. I try my best to focus but sometimes I get distract and make mistakes. I spilt milk all over the counter the other day.

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Wed May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

recently we had to do an experiment which involved syringes adnd beakers...

lets just say i am now not supposed to go near them in case armegeddon happens (again)

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Sun May 26, 2013 9:06 pm

a few years ago i was at the stables and i was brushing a horse. she peed on the ground and, as i walked over to her other side, i slipped and fell in it. :oops: i stood up and then the horse stepped on my foot, witch hurted so mutch (it was a big horse), that i fell again. i was really wet and everybody was laughing at me my foot was dark purple for a few weeks. :( luckily i am able to laugh about it now :D

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:46 pm

compleatly misjudging where the table is and putting a cup down on the table and then watching the glass smash on the floor. :lol:

also misjudging where your own mouth is and getting more over your top than your mouth :oops:

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:12 pm

kitty123 wrote:compleatly misjudging where the table is and putting a cup down on the table and then watching the glass smash on the floor. :lol:

also misjudging where your own mouth is and getting more over your top than your mouth :oops:


I always misjudge distances. My parents keep telling me to concentrate and not daydream, but the truth is, I am concentrating!!! :x
I burnt my little brother with a hot tray once because I couldn't tell how close he was :(

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:07 pm

Was in bluewater shopping mall was sitting have a cup of hot chocolate with my familly when I dropped mine all down me in the reaction I knocked the table of hot drinks on me and got up and waddle to the toilet like nothing happend.
Post a reply