Switch to full style
Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)
Post a reply

Sosial butterflys.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Ok, I'm in my second year at secondry school, I have a group of about of seven friends, not that odd right? BUT when I was in prymory school it was me and Bobbi (my bff) vs the world. I had only sleped at her house, She was my best, (and still is) and posibly only friend, then in secondry I found my self surrounded by people. Don't get me wrong there nice enough, it's just a bit over welmin. But anyway, they keep having sleep overs ect (like the one I'm going to in about 1 hour 25 minuets) And I always get realy nervouse befor, there so diffrent from the sleepovers at bobbis that im used to where it's just me and her, now I'm at a sleep over with like 6 other girls. I'm shaking as I write this at the thought, any tipes of keeping calm. (Don't get me wrong I always have fun, but just at first I get the heebie jeebys)

Re: Sosial butterflys.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:09 pm

think about why you may find it difficult, and sort that out in advance. i ask what is going on, and were i am sleeping before, and i take headphones. this helps me be less nervous before i do anything.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 am

To be honest I think the nerves are just a natural part to things like that. I get really nervous before I go to college or off to work at the pet shop and my stomach is doing flips but then five minutes in, I'm fine again and relaxed.

Just try to keep your mind on other things as a distraction, I listen to music to calm me. I hope the sleepover went okay and you had a good time.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:21 pm

I just try and go with the flow really. I always try to get enough sleep as once at a sleepover i really really tired (and really hot) and i swore at my best friend! i really didn't mean it though, she forgave me though! Make sure you aren't too close to other people. what annoys me is that sometimes you just have to sleep on the floor which isn't comfortable at all
Post a reply