4 MORE YOUNG LIVES LOST

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Postby Henri » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:40 pm

Do not dismiss me like that. I am only offering constructive criticism, and responing to your previous posts in a manner that encourages positive debate.
Henri
Forum Master

Postby eastlondonluke » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:31 pm

it was partlty the yanks fault,there not all bad but i went a bit crazy on this fred so what i wrote about the hole yank thing wasent all true i got it a bit roung
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby C » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:04 am

mattie wrote:I agree with you too. :)

IMO, the solution is simple: if the parents refuse to discipline their offspring, then surely it's the duty of society? Give all anti-social children/teenagers/adults a good caning and I guarantee they won't do it again! :) As for murder, I think this is strongly linked with a lack of parental discipline too.

Beat the bastards, if they are vicious little sods! :D

Mattie.

Mattie

I felt I had to respond to this. I disagree with canning children because I think it shows them to meet violence with more violence. In my opinion, I believe that children do need to learn morals; right and wrong and it's important to be patient with them and if they do behave inappropriately to explain what it is that they have done wrong and why they shouldn't do it. I believe that parents and teachers should speak more with children about why some behaviour is acceptalbe and some is not and set a good example. Then they will learn morals.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby C » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:07 am

Luke

It is terrible that four people were murdered in London. However I disagree with the death penalty/canning children etc. In my opinion this just meets violence with more violence. You mention that in some countries the laws are stricter and this means there is less crime - this is not necessarily the case. American states, for example, that have death penalty laws do not have lower crime rates or murder rates than those without. With capital punishment, there is also a chance of more innocent lives being lost; if somebody is mistakenly sentanced to death for a crime they did not commit.

Some members of this site are American. Whatever your feelings towards American people in general, claiming that they ‘invented’ guns, crack and rap music and so ‘it’s all [their] fault’ is potentially hurtful for an American person posting here. How would you like it if you read those comments about somebody British?

Your post was originally about four young people losing their lives and I extend my sympathies to those people and agree it’s just terrible it happened.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby intowiz » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:53 am

smacking by parents i can agree with that but the cain thats just harsh. my nan grew up during the time of the cane and she thinks its great theres no cain, it didnt teach kids not to do something it just taught them not to get caught.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eastlondonluke » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Yeh i did say befor that i dont allways think strate evern when im tring too but any hows idid't mean to ofend any one,just wernt thinking straight dats all,yeh im sorrey bout dat.

I don't think parnts should smack or beat there kids or anything i just think if someone is cault red handed on spot should get sone form of punishment,cause punishment these days is nothing,if you comit a crime the sentece ant evern harsh on dem at all they get out in like 2 years or somein like dat and youths ant evern scard or anyone these days dats why i think like this iv grown up seeing other youths get away whith prity much everything.

Its true kids get away whith to much these days,i could go out and jack as many cars as i wanted and never get cault,but thats just the way the worlds gon but i still think things could change i peeps put there minds to it.
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:10 pm

eastlondonluke wrote:Yeh i did say befor that i dont allways think strate evern when im tring too but any hows idid't mean to ofend any one,just wernt thinking straight dats all,yeh im sorrey bout dat.

I don't think parnts should smack or beat there kids or anything i just think if someone is cault red handed on spot should get sone form of punishment,cause punishment these days is nothing,if you comit a crime the sentece ant evern harsh on dem at all they get out in like 2 years or somein like dat and youths ant evern scard or anyone these days dats why i think like this iv grown up seeing other youths get away whith prity much everything.

Its true kids get away whith to much these days,i could go out and jack as many cars as i wanted and never get cault,but thats just the way the worlds gon but i still think things could change i peeps put there minds to it.

Sentences are reasonably harsh, give me an example.

The only time it is silly is when someone who's commited fraud gets a sentence much bigger than a murderer.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby C » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:27 am

Don't worry Luke, you didn't offend me in any way and you are entitled to your opinion.

To an extent I agree with you that some criminals are punished too leniently - to me, life imprisonment should mean life imprisonment unless later found innocent.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:28 pm

C wrote:Don't worry Luke, you didn't offend me in any way and you are entitled to your opinion.

To an extent I agree with you that some criminals are punished too leniently - to me, life imprisonment should mean life imprisonment unless later found innocent.

In some cases life means life. Shipman got "life will mean life".
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eastlondonluke » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:03 pm

And den he killed him self
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:29 pm

eastlondonluke wrote:And den he killed him self

Wasn't much of a life sentence? :D
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous