Political Commentary on Recent Events

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Political Commentary on Recent Events

Postby Henri » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:18 am

This is an article I wrote, and subsequently posted on my myspace blog as well as submitting to an online magazine I write for.

As a politically conscious citizen of Britain, I have come to realize that we have, to an extent, become a corrupted and thoughtless nation. Naturally, this gradual diminishing of moral culture has upset me, leaving me solemn and bitter at this rotten time of the morning. The deterioration of Britain has come at a time when technology is constantly advancing, terrorism is leaving the world a notoriously unstable place, and nuclear weapons are becoming freely available to any small regime.

The problem leads back to Labour. Under Blair's leadership is where this disdainful decline of culture has appeared, and Gordon Brown, a tag-along from the previous regime, does not seem vitally concerned with the British people's interest. Scottish by birth, it is questionable whether Brown's commitment does lie with the proletariats of middle England. This view is further enforced by the fact that the residents of his motherland seem to enjoy unchartered benefits us English can only but dream of! The list of privileges enjoyed by the Scots is extensive and exuberant; and not a matter I wish to describe in great detail. They receive a free University education, considerably more benefits, life-saving drugs (a travesty), and a cheaper quality of general life. I do not wish to deny them access to these necessary elements of privilege, but I do deplore the fact that as much as Gordon Brown talks about 'Britain' and 'Britishness', he fails to provide these benefits to the majority of Britain; a vastly hypocritical manner of action.

This could prove to be downfall of the Labour party and an opportunity for the Tories to gain vital ground prior to the next election. The new Conservative manifesto by former leader Iain Duncan Smith addresses Britain's failings directly, and suggest solutions in a benevolent and positive manner. A significant amount of emphasis is placed on the restoration of the family unit as the backbone of traditional British culture. Cameron's propaganda states that the family unit is an important element of morality, and that a strong family can support each other through anything, thus restoring the confidence of the individual to the extent where he does not fall off the rails and into the cesspool of substance abuse, crime, and unemployment. Admittedly, this does sound rather idealistic; a carefully deployed statement of propaganda designed to penetrate the remaining flag-bearers of middle England, but if Cameron can somehow prove that him and his party are capable of implementing this constitution of morality, he may have just gained himself a positive response from the ever important electorate.

Cameron may also gain ground by declaring the implementation of a tougher immigration system. Britain's borders have become notoriously weak, and allow hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants to pass through without verification every single year. I hold no qualms in regard to emigration - people have the fundamental right to choose where they live as long as they are beneficial to the country they move to - but a in a state that allows radicals such as Muktar Said Ibrahim*1 - a man whose previous convictions include sexual assault and armed robbery - into the country on a free whim, there is obviously something direly wrong with the foundation of the current system.

On a positive note, our economy is currently one of the strongest in the developed world, a feat nothing short of outstanding for such a small (yet vastly overpopulated) nation. This can be accredited to Gordon Brown's policies during his tenure as chancellor, and despite his tax policies stripping us of more money than we would prefer, the man can be considered a political heavyweight despite subtly reinforcing the accusation that he favours a certain northern nation considerably more.

1* recently convicted for the attempts to blow up cars in central London
Henri
Forum Master

Postby eastlondonluke » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:26 pm

I hate the conservetives there just rich barsterds i just hate them there so many of them in my hood just cause they'v got 2 cars in the drive way of there rich man house i can tell that they all think there beter than me but thats not true at all.

yeh i no this dammmmmmm nation aint so good at da moment especialy london i had a hard time of it liveing there for 13 years but things can change i soppose cause i just moved away.

All the partys we'v got aint worth voteing for,there so dam blob.
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby intowiz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:54 pm

I really do hate people with right wing ideas mostly because to be rightwing you have to be a bigot and very closed minded to those a different sexuality or colour.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Henri » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:02 pm

intowiz wrote:I really do hate people with right wing ideas mostly because to be rightwing you have to be a bigot and very closed minded to those a different sexuality or colour.

I differ on opinion here, and feel inclined to ask which ideology would your ideal government hold : Stalinism, or Thatcherism?

Might I add that you have not commented on any of the issues depicted in the above article.
Henri
Forum Master

Postby steve » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:55 am

how come you admire both thatcher and orwell when the two had completely different views?
steve
Super Poster

Postby Dork_Lord » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:02 pm

Henri wrote:
intowiz wrote:I really do hate people with right wing ideas mostly because to be rightwing you have to be a bigot and very closed minded to those a different sexuality or colour.

I differ on opinion here, and feel inclined to ask which ideology would your ideal government hold : Stalinism, or Thatcherism?

Might I add that you have not commented on any of the issues depicted in the above article.

Just to be pedantic, a right wing equivalent of Stalin would most likely be a facist style system, like Mussolini, judging by the level of extremeism in that political system.

I can see the point of a few right wing politicians, but I disagree with most of the policies. I can write a little more on the issues discussed in your article, I have a few disagreements, and I'll probably post that in the next few days.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby Henri » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:30 pm

steve wrote:how come you admire both thatcher and orwell when the two had completely different views?

I admire Orwell mainly for his mastery of the English prose, but his political views are sound too. His suggestions were always centred around the welfare of the people.

I am not a staunch supporter of Thatcher, in fact I was merely searching for a competent Conservative leader who made a positive contribution to the country. A better example would have been Winston Churchill.

Dork_Lord, if I had intended to convey a right wing Stalinist regime, I would have. I was merely stating to Intowiz - who holds the view that the right is innately evil - that the left can be equally so.
Henri
Forum Master

Postby druchi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:05 pm

well you do make some intrestng points about the diffrences about England and Scotland now saying Brown would be mroe towards Scotland i can understand but i doubt it for many reasons although now that Scotland is under Snp and if we become Independant how can Brown be British?

although my parents 'Despised' Thatcher and the Conservative Goverment the reasons is under the Torries my parents nearly lost htere house due to the Massive Inflation caused by the torries and as my dad put it
"useing Scotland as a testing ground" i beleive he was reffering to the taxes that the Torries implied but anyhoo...

however it was under Scotlands 1st First minister that Scotland recieved these benifits cant remember his name his statue had a traffic cone on it untill last year

however did you know Tony Blair was infact born in Scotland?

also Iran *i think probably wrong* said it would stop its Nuclear Program or was it Vietnam? for aid yes it was Vietnam

however i dont understnad Moral Culture i meet alot of asian people in my school and one of them hapily calls me a freind

although inflation is steadily riseing it is not as bad under the Torrie goverment

this is one thing that is still keeping the torries back people remembering the price rises and if David Camoran could get rid of the worries i think he would win by a majority

but that said my dad votes SNP my mum votes labour and me not old enough to vote cant really decide because i have never 'felt' british i have never cale dmyself british and there is barely anyone i know who will were all Scottish *depending on your parents or where you where born*

about the Immigration im not really well enough versed to comment on it but over in Scotland it has been steadily on the rise

well im going off to look up on Scotlands Immagration becuase youve now got me intrested in it :)
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby eastlondonluke » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm conservativs i hate them graaaaa
there just dik heads why cant they just buger off graaaaaaaa

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby Henri » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:25 pm

eastlondonluke wrote:Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm conservativs i hate them graaaaa
there just dik heads why cant they just buger off graaaaaaaa

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Luke, please refer to my post on the thread you began for posting tips, I am not going to repeat myself any longer. If you do not stop posting this rubbish, I will inform Admin.

Also,interesting post Druchi, it's refreshing to have a Scottish person's opinion here.
Henri
Forum Master

Postby eastlondonluke » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:51 pm

ohhhh go tel him den i dont care ya dont hear anyone else cmeplanig god dammmmmm any way it dosent mater what you or i think its what you personaly think ok i dont want to fall but im going to be a tough guy on this one and stand my ground .,,...,..,,.,..,,...,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,..,,.any how reoporting me just makes you look life a weekling dont bother if ya really dont like me then just ignor me and what i say ok
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby steve » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:11 pm

"we've become a corrupt and thoughtless nation". that's a pretty bold statement. britain has its problems but alot of things have got better in recent years. under new labour, peace was acheived in northern ireland. racism, sexism and homophobia have all been pretty much eradicated thanks to blair's progressive policies. blair's disastorous iraq war led many to forget the good that he accomplished in kosovo and sierra leone. our hospitals may be filthy and our schools failing, but our econmoy is booming. and despite daily mail hysteria, crime has fallen.
steve
Super Poster

Postby intowiz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:22 pm

exscuse me henri but if you do not realise this is a dyspraxic forum and some people find it hard to right what they mean and right it correctly so do not threaten that you will go to the admin about it it. you are new and might not have realised but please be more considerate in future, yes lukes writing is terrible but dont be such an ass man.
i sometimes dont write very well and i find it hard to express myself or write a reply to a post even if its in my head it does not come out properly.

i didnt mean that all right wings ideas are wrong, some left wing ideas are wrong. but many right wing people have a way of not caring about other views or the problems of the world. some do not look past there nose enough to try to understand the thing they hate so much.

Orwell is a god and i love 1984 and animal farm. hes most known yes but i like them. unfortunatlly 1984 seems to be becoming more and more true everyday and the book has turned into more of a horror story about today to me than a warning.

also the other things you wrote about i will right a reply when i can write it properly.

also steve does anyone really take the daily mail seriously.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby steve » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:36 pm

i agree. the right wing answer to everything seems to be "let's cut taxes"!
steve
Super Poster

Postby Henri » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:41 pm

steve wrote:"we've become a corrupt and thoughtless nation". that's a pretty bold statement. britain has its problems but alot of things have got better in recent years. under new labour, peace was acheived in northern ireland. racism, sexism and homophobia have all been pretty much eradicated thanks to blair's progressive policies. blair's disastorous iraq war led many to forget the good that he accomplished in kosovo and sierra leone. our hospitals may be filthy and our schools failing, but our econmoy is booming. and despite daily mail hysteria, crime has fallen.

Compared to the glory of yesteryear - a time of unparrelled innocence and morality - we are very much a corrupt country. Even ten years previous, we were a far better nation than at present, maybe not economically, but in regard to crime rates, immigration, home policy etc.

Blair has not been a positive influence on this country at all. If you actually consider racism, sexism and homophobia to have virtually dissappeared, you are a very deluded person. I suggest that you endeavour to experience the world fully, then you may see for yourself the dreadful mess of morality filling our streets today.
Henri
Forum Master

Next

Return to News and Current Events