Political Commentary on Recent Events

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Postby Henri » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:47 pm

intowiz wrote:exscuse me henri but if you do not realise this is a dyspraxic forum and some people find it hard to right what they mean and right it correctly so do not threaten that you will go to the admin about it it. you are new and might not have realised but please be more considerate in future, yes lukes writing is terrible but dont be such an ass man.
i sometimes dont write very well and i find it hard to express myself or write a reply to a post even if its in my head it does not come out properly.

I understand this fully, Intowiz. I am unable of proficient writing through means of a pen or pencil, but thoughts flow like efflorescent streams through a medium of technology.

Not that this is any of your business, but if you are implying that I am attempting to demoralize Luke based on the spelling or grammar of his posts, you are sorely wrong. He is just as inconsiderate to others as I am to him, in fact I was quite benevolent in my manner when initially explaining his faults to him. Please read my posts in the thread "4 MORE LIVES LOST" for more information.
Henri
Forum Master

Postby intowiz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:50 pm

ok ill try to write a reply, well here goes. i do not trust gordon brown, hes snuck a few taxes past us (such as inherritence tax) but yes he is a big reason for our booming economy. but i dont wish to trust him yet he has been in labour aslong as tony blair and may be just as snide faced. renember people trusted tony blair at first mostly because they were sick of the last guy, this is whats happening at the moment. so i wont trust him until he can really prove himself. growing up in a labour society even the word has caused a scar on my mind and makes try to avoid it pollitically.
also many people praise brown at the moment because the other main person running is a twat and a terrible liar, an annoying little worm who wants to jump on whattever politics are popular at the moment as long as pr and photographers are around but when it come to actually doing anything for the country hell be terrible.
i might write more later when i can think of something better because my reply is probebly awful but i will write something a bit better tommorow when i can think of something and/or bring my hand to write the words in my head.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby intowiz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:51 pm

ill go look then
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby steve » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:24 pm

I am not sure what period in history you are referring to when you speak of the "glory of yesteryear" but as anybody who lived through the Great Depression and World War 2 will tell you, no age is perfect. A recent report by TUC has concluded that the recent influx of migrants has boosted the economy and as I said earlier crime has fallen. I do agree with you about the Home Office though, it seems every day a new enlightenment institution is eroded (identity cards, mandatory DNA testing etc).
I am not a "very deluded person", I am well aware of the unfortunate fact that bigotry continues to rear its ugly head throughout this country. Perhaps you misunderstood my point (although I did express it rather vaguely). I was referring to the fact that new labour have implemented a tough stance on these issues and as a result people who hold these views are unable to express them in public without disgracing themselves. Societal attitudes towards bigotry have definitely changed.
steve
Super Poster

Postby steve » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:30 pm

In the 70s and 80s, right-thinking people frowned upon bigotry but it was generally not considered a big deal and was usually met with a sigh or a shake of the head. Now it is met with outrage.
As for your final comment, i don't know exactly what specific social ills you are referring to but it isn't as if we didn't have to face them under the two previous conservative governments. And how do you know whether or not I have "experienced the world fully"?
steve
Super Poster

Previous

Return to News and Current Events