News-how do you get yours?

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

How do you get your news?

Newspaper
38%
Website
38%
Television
25%
Radio
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 16

News-how do you get yours?

Postby Steph » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:10 pm

I know this isn't a news story but it is to do with the news and current affairs. I personally read the newspaper every day and, the days that I can't, for whatever reason, I read the BBC News website! When I'm at home, I watch the 6 00 news too. One thing that I find strange about the students here is how so many of them never read a newspaper, look at a news website or watch the news and, as a consequence, have little idea of current affairs so I just thought it was a good question.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Danni » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:13 pm

I rarely read a newspaper (that would mean leaving my flat to get one...) but I check the BBC News website daily, normally after reading the email I get from them :)
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:14 pm

I tend to hear about any big stories by browsing the BBC news website. ;)
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:03 am

I use the net mainly, but buy papers on a Monday (and lots of them) to read all the football gossip :)
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby intowiz » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:10 am

i didnt tick because i get it from tv radio and the internet aswell as certain journalists websites.

i dont read the newsaper anymore because of there poor english there constant use of the words shocking, romp etc. the fact that they intice angry mobs for that week's news and then drop it ruining someones life. there lack of knowledge about the real world alo annoys me. i get annoyed at the people who only read the news of the world, the daily star and the sun and then try to be oppinianated.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dork_Lord » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Newspapers for me, I usually read the independent or the times.

Sometimes watch the BBC news though.
Last edited by Dork_Lord on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby Henri » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:02 pm

All of the above :D.

I read our household newspapers daily. These normally consist of the Daily Mail and the Telegraph; not my preffered medium of information, but an acceptable one. I also buy my favourite paper, The Guardian, at least twice a week.

I consistently watch Channel 4 News, Sky news, and occasionally other channels, depending on what I'm doing at the time.

I listen to the Radio in the car, where news is chimed through in regular bursts to the current broadcast.

The BBC website is also my preffered choice, although I do frequent Epolitix too.
Henri
Forum Master

Postby steve » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:54 pm

i use all of these sources except radio. my favourite newspaper is the guardian but it would be costly to buy it every week so I usually pick up the household newspapers, the times and the daily mail. for news i prefer to watch sky news as it is the most efficient and detailed (albeit a little biased). when i want a bit of a laugh i also tune into fox news
steve
Super Poster

Postby Qasim » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:32 pm

All of the above apart from radio. Newspapers, I just steal them from my Dad when I'm home...in terms of television Channel 4 is my preferred choice, mainly because you get a more broad view of a situation, and they actually ask questions I want answered when interviewing people. The other channels seem somewhat filtered, although I still watch them.
Qasim
Mega Poster

Postby druchi » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:01 am

TV Internet Radio

usually im the only one in my modern studies calss that has any idea what is going on in the world E.G Burma
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby intowiz » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:15 am

druchi your classmates sounds like very moronic people
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby druchi » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:18 pm

they are dont get me started :P
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:13 pm

I read the newspapers and use the BBC news website, as well as a few blogs kept by journalists. I take care to get a selection of newspapers for a well-rounded view. My big four are The Guardian, The Times, The Daily Telegraph, and the Independent, although I am disappointed at the increasing glut of tabloid-style news.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby invisifish » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:26 pm

I read the paper when i have the time (which is only realy on the weekends) other wise i use a website.
invisifish
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:11 pm

As a future journalist who will someday work for a newspaper, I felt I had to choose newspaper. I am a big fan of reading something that I can hold in my hands. On the other hand, when I can't get the news as frequently (such as when I'm at college), I generally watch NBC 5 News at 10p.m. or CNN.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to News and Current Events