Stop the War Coalition

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Stop the War Coalition

Postby Henri » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:46 pm

Today, I attended the Stop the War protest that began in Trafalgar Square, and ended outside the Parliamentary buildings. It was a magnificent display of resistance against the illegal war our government undertook, and featured prominent guest speakers such as Tony Benn and George Galloway.

Just though I'd let people know! I would definitely encourage everybody to attend any subsequent ones.
Henri
Forum Master

Postby intowiz » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:00 pm

ive been to two anti war protests and your right it is a great show of resistance against the murders commited by our goverment.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:15 pm

I went to one anti-war protest at my school and it was a great experience. This one lady got very angry with us because apparently her son is overseas. We told her we supported the troops because it's not entirely their fault that they are in this mess, but we don't support the war at all. She yelled some foul things, but generally people were very supportive. We told people to honk their car horns if they didn't support the war and there was a lot of honking going on. It's too bad the government doesn't care about it though.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Miranda » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:17 pm

Henri: If you could inform me when future ones are I shall endeavour to come, as I have been on ones in the past and fully support your views as stated above.
"I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Miranda
Mega Poster

Return to News and Current Events