Registar refuses to wed gay couple based on religious belief

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Is the registar right in sewing?

Yes
14%
no
55%
Maybe
9%
Dont know
23%

Total votes : 22

Registar refuses to wed gay couple based on religious belief

Postby intowiz » Tue May 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Has anyone heard about this yet. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506344/Registrar-says-I-wont-gay-weddings-sues-council-ceremonies-offend-religious-beliefs.html
i think its ironic that she can complain about her rights being refused even though shes refusing there rights.
What do you think about this?
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Tue May 27, 2008 11:58 pm

I think she is totally wrong. Homosexuality and religion are both life choices and if she has the right to chose to be a christian then they should have the choice to have a gay marriage. I think she should be fired if she is not prepared to do the job for which she is paid for.

I mean we are living in a changing world and people like that just need to get over themselves and get used to it.

Considering it 1am in the morning, none of that probably makes sense but hey! :lol:
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:01 pm

AgentR wrote:I think she is totally wrong. Homosexuality and religion are both life choices and if she has the right to chose to be a christian then they should have the choice to have a gay marriage. I think she should be fired if she is not prepared to do the job for which she is paid for.

I mean we are living in a changing world and people like that just need to get over themselves and get used to it.

Considering it 1am in the morning, none of that probably makes sense but hey! :lol:

I agree times have changed
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:31 am

Being Gay, bi , trans or a lesbian is NOT a life choice, I personally believe you are born LGBT.

I know that I didn't choose to be bisexual, it is just how my life is and was destined to be.

would ramble on but can't focus on the screen.
x
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:46 pm

tears_on_a_pillow wrote:Being Gay, bi , trans or a lesbian is NOT a life choice, I personally believe you are born LGBT.

I know that I didn't choose to be bisexual, it is just how my life is and was destined to be.

x

Agreed.

I agree this is stupid but you'll always get Christian extremists as you do with all religions, I've never met a homophobic Christian, times have indeed changed.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Brian » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:49 pm

tears_on_a_pillow wrote:Being Gay, bi , trans or a lesbian is NOT a life choice, I personally believe you are born LGBT.

x

My view on that is that some people will be born gay / bi / trans or lesbian and some will become gay / bi / trans or lesbian
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby druchi » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 am

Speaking from an 'insider' view if you will

You are Born gay/bi/trans its proven :P

and ive met some homophobes although once they realised i wasent the bearer of all evil despite my gothic apperal they realised how stupid it was xD

and about that women

twat

its not her job to push her religous beleifs on others its her job to wed people

silly cow
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Creative » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:00 pm

I'm not gay but a girl spread rumours about me in year 8 saying I was. This made me understand how difficult it can be for gay people at school. My gay friend was lucky. He found 2 gay friends in his first year of high school who he hung around with.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Brian » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:00 pm

druchi wrote:Speaking from an 'insider' view if you will

You are Born gay/bi/trans its proven :P

and ive met some homophobes although once they realised i wasent the bearer of all evil despite my gothic apperal they realised how stupid it was xD

and about that women

twat

its not her job to push her religous beleifs on others its her job to wed people

silly cow

Are you trying to say that your point is right just because you met some Gay , Bi , Lesbian or Transgender people and you are saying what they believe
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:13 am

I'm sure Druchi can answer this a lot more eloquently himself but my understanding is that Druchi is himself gay.
Steph
Forum God !

Re: Registar refuses to wed gay couple based on religious belief

Postby Lady Macbeth » Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 pm

See I come at it from a different point of view.

The woman was a fool and blatantly wrong.
I personally do not believe homosexuality is right.
But I do not hate lesbians / bis / gays / trans.
I am a Christian.

Surprised?

Jesus commanded us to love in the Bible. I may feel it's wrong, but homophobia ain't being loving.

Sorry if I've been offensive - deal with it.

That is all for the moment. :)
Lady Macbeth
Advanced Member

Postby Brian » Tue May 12, 2009 10:12 pm

Lady Macbeth wrote:See I come at it from a different point of view.

The woman was a fool and blatantly wrong.
I personally do not believe homosexuality is right.
But I do not hate lesbians / bis / gays / trans.
I am a Christian.

Surprised?

Jesus commanded us to love in the Bible. I may feel it's wrong, but homophobia ain't being loving.

Sorry if I've been offensive - deal with it.

That is all for the moment. :)

Im from a Christian denomination that strongly opposes Homosexuality and I don't agree with it aswell because I can't get my head around some things associated with it aswell as not thinking its right but you have to treat them equally because they are genuine people.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby druchi » Wed May 13, 2009 7:46 am

then we are all agree'd/

You dont have to agree with something, just respect people.
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Alice » Thu May 14, 2009 4:26 pm

I don't think a person should be forced to do something that they have a strong moral objection too just because socioty feels that it is acceptable. Why does she have to do it if someone else will who feels comfortable with the idea. I don't object to gay marrages but I don't think everybody in the world must share my veiws or else they're closed minded and a fool. Nobody has the right to force someone to do a job they didn't sign up for and have a strong objection too.

I know pepole like to think that they have an idea of what is right and wrong overall, but nobody does. All we have to go on is what we feel about things, and she doesn't feel happy about it. She's not hurting anyone by not doing the ceremonies, as someone else can do them. If she was the only registar in the country that might be different, but as it happens it's only her fredome that is being affected.

Pepole should be allowed to do what their faith dictates that they should, so long as they're not causing harm to someone else.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby druchi » Mon May 18, 2009 12:19 pm

You could say that. r you could more rightly say shut up and get on with your job.
Her job make people couples.
Not her job: To decide who gets to be a couple and who doesnt.
End of.

This really isnt the place for rght and wrong. This is two people who wanted to be counted as a couple being denied becuase some person beleives in something which says two people cant be officialy together because of XYZ reasons.

If it was againts her beliefs that much why isnt she a priest or whatever?
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Next

Return to News and Current Events