Registar refuses to wed gay couple based on religious belief

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Is the registar right in sewing?

Yes
14%
no
55%
Maybe
9%
Dont know
23%

Total votes : 22

Re: Registar refuses to wed gay couple based on religious belief

Postby Brian » Mon May 18, 2009 5:53 pm

druchi wrote:If it was againts her beliefs that much why isnt she a priest or whatever?

Will everyone stop presuming the Roman Catholic church is the only religous denomination that has strong LGBT opinions / feelings. Islamic countries execute people for homosexual and yet everyone presumes the Roman Catholic church is the only religous denomination that opposes LGBT people / culture. Sorry but I'm fed up of seeing my Christian denomination getting continously bashed by LGBT people and LGBT supporters.
Last edited by Brian on Mon May 18, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby druchi » Mon May 18, 2009 6:41 pm

the article states she is a devout bible basher. No point in dragging other religons into this.
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon May 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Please don't refer to Christians as Bible-bashers. It's like calling black people n*ggers, or calling people with Down's Syndrome r*tards.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Mon May 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Brian wrote:
druchi wrote:If it was againts her beliefs that much why isnt she a priest or whatever?

Will everyone stop presuming the Roman Catholic church is the only religous denomination that has strong LGBT opinions / feelings. Islamic countries execute people for homosexual and yet everyone presumes the Roman Catholic church is the only religous denomination that opposes LGBT people / culture. Sorry but I'm fed up of seeing my Christian denomination getting continously bashed by LGBT people and LGBT supporters.

It is not accurate to say that the Roman Catholic Church is against LGBT people. It teaches that the only place for sexual activity is in marriage between a man and a woman, but saying that a particular action is inherently wrong isn't the same as declaring that there is something inherently bad about the person. Catholics also believe that sex between unmarried straight couples is morally wrong, and we have other beliefs about the ethics of contraception. This does not mean that the Catholic Church is prejudiced against unmarried straight couples or people who use contraception. You can disagree with an action without making assumptions about the person.

Regarding Islamic law, its interpretation differs depending on the school of thought that you are from, and homosexual acts are not always treated as capital crimes. Some Muslims see no problems with homosexual relationships, while others disagree but do not think that they should carry a punishment.

It can be frustrating to see the way the Catholic Church is misrepresented on this issue. What bothers me is the way that the media always picks up and amplifies any reference to sex that comes out of the Vatican, but ignores practically everything else. However, we're not alone in this - other religions do receive the same treatment. I think you are just more sensitive to it if it's your community that is being maligned.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:13 am

Brian wrote:
Lady Macbeth wrote:See I come at it from a different point of view.

The woman was a fool and blatantly wrong.
I personally do not believe homosexuality is right.
But I do not hate lesbians / bis / gays / trans.
I am a Christian.

Surprised?

Jesus commanded us to love in the Bible. I may feel it's wrong, but homophobia ain't being loving.

Sorry if I've been offensive - deal with it.

That is all for the moment. :)

Im from a Christian denomination that strongly opposes Homosexuality and I don't agree with it aswell because I can't get my head around some things associated with it aswell as not thinking its right but you have to treat them equally because they are genuine people.

You may not realise but to say they are "genuine people" is almost offensive. It's like you're implying that people don't think they are genuine. Most homosexual people I've met were friendly, I've never really wanted to be friends with them because of the difficulties that come with it but I'm not homophobic at all. I think that thinking homosexuality isn't right but simultaneously believing God created everyone is ridiculous. Why would God create homosexuality if it was terrible?
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby xLittleHannahx » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:19 am

Dan wrote: I think that thinking homosexuality isn't right but simultaneously believing God created everyone is ridiculous. Why would God create homosexuality if it was terrible?

Coming from a completely non-religious background, sorry guys but that's my own decision, im shocked that someone today could refuse to marry a homosexual couple especially now as its been an accepted thing and their within their human rights to make the decision to , i.e. the laws stating that homosexual people can now marry etc, and it's not overly uncommon any more, although it probably wasn't in the first place just less accepted so therefore hidden. Thats basically like a homosexual guy refusing to marry a hetrosexual couple because it was against their way of life (although i realise that can probably never happen but you get my drift). Maybe being homosexual is "against the norm" but im agreeing with dan; if god did create everyone, why, if it is seen as morally wrong or whatever, would he create people who were homosexual?
"Wishing on a star......"
xLittleHannahx
Super Poster

Previous

Return to News and Current Events