Barack Obama's Inauguration :)

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Barack Obama's Inauguration :)

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:50 pm

First let me say that I am glad that Mr. Obama is finally going to be president! I am so excited today and nothing can bring me down. I can't believe that I am witnessing history and that something like this is happening in my country. I am hoping and praying that he can do most of the things that he has promised for the world. I hope that he can help us all. I don't know if he'll be able to implement all the changes he wants to, but I am hopeful that he'll help turn at least the economy and this war around. Those are very large tasks. I pray for him. I believe in him. Let the change begin.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm exciting about today too, it's going to be great to see Obama finally take up his place as president. I hope it can help America, does good and do something about the awful war which keeps raging.
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Barack Obama's Inauguration :)

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Hermionefan5 wrote:I can't believe that I am witnessing history

Technically, we're all always witnessing history. This is just much bigger history than most things. sorry, i just had to point them out.

But i think it is pretty exciting. i do hope he does well. if he turns the economy in america, it'll help the rest of our countries, which is good. I wish him luck.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 am

Well he'll never meet expectations but I much prefer him to McCain.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby HairyLemon » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

I watched the inaugeration and thought it was incredible. How could he talk in front of all those people? I hope he achieves everything he said he would although i am a little sceptical.
Imagination is more important than knowledge
HairyLemon
Mega Poster

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:03 pm

HairyLemon wrote:I watched the inaugeration and thought it was incredible. How could he talk in front of all those people? I hope he achieves everything he said he would although i am a little sceptical.

I agree. I don't know if everything can be achieved, but I hope most of it can and definitely the world economy must be improved. Also, the environment needs major help. That and the schools in America are the most important to me. My mom is a teacher and I know how No Child Left Behind has had a negative impact on the school systems. How can you treat every child the same and teach them the same if they are all different people?
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to News and Current Events