Swine flu

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Re: Swine flu

Postby Steph » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:41 pm

I heard the little girl from the Midlands who died had a congenital chromosomal problem.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Syrons » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:21 pm

There is just as much chance of dying from something else that you can die from... I just wouldn't worry, I get really sick of people going on like it is the only problem that can kill us...
Syrons
Mega Poster

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Syrons wrote:There is just as much chance of dying from something else that you can die from... I just wouldn't worry, I get really sick of people going on like it is the only problem that can kill us...

It comes down to the fact that it's something that has the potential to infect everyone regardless of where they live or their class. AIDS kills the most amount every year out of all infectious diseases but nobody cares because it isn't us it's third world countries. The sad truth.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 am

Swine flu is really not that dangerous, nobody gets this worked up about seasonal flu.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby mysticalwater » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:49 pm

One of my friends had it and hes fine.(despite the fact he complained so much you would think he was dying) As long as your healthy its not dangerous.
mysticalwater
Super Poster

Postby KILBAHA » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:43 am

The media will do anything for a jucy story which dosen't have anything to do with government expence claims. It's 100% hype
KILBAHA

Postby druchi » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:36 pm

Id rather it was hyped up and people stayed aware than it was ignored, personnaly.
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby k9ruby » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Swine flu really isn't that dangerous. The minority are the ones that die with no underlying health conditions, but due to media hype you would think everyone is going to die. Seriously, it is nothing, unless you have a condition that affects your respiratory system, cardiac/live/kidney problems, on immosuppresent drugs or have a chronic neurological disease, are very young/old. Don't know about other people, but I don't even see why they are even considering giving everyone a jab for it. I would be more weary of that than the actual illness - the thing I'm worried about is one of them hasn't even been tested on pregnant women- one of the groups considered to be high risk (due to a certain adjuvent being used), and this is the one the British government are ordering, simply because its the one easiest to get hold of.

I also do not think the fears of GBS are unfounded, the government can try and convince the public otherwise but what has to be remembered in the 70s swine flu outbreak that more people died from the side effects from the vaccine than the actual illness, something I find disturbing, as this done properly should be the other way round!

Although the vaccine will be slightly more developed, neurologists and other medical professionals around the country have been told to look out for side effects and signs of GBS.

Health professionals have also been told to get the jab to protect themselves and patients and to reduce staff absences, but if history repeats itself I fear you will get more people off due to the jab than the actual illness.

I am not anti vaccine- they are generally a good thing but I do feel it is important to make informed choices, just like it is a good idea to do with any invasive medical procedure.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Piers1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Love them. Protect them. Never inject them. There are NO safe vaccines!
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby druchi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:44 pm

That seems to be a deeply held belief why do you think that? Have you any evidence?
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Brian » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:49 pm

Personally, I will be refusing the swine flu vaccine as I believe it has been way too rushed and the majority of people that have died here from swine flu have had cystic fibrosis
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Remus » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:25 pm

There is no way I am having that vaccine, I rather take my chances. I don't like many vaccines anyway except for things like the Tetanus Jab.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Piers1 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:34 am

More than half of Britons being offered vaccination against pandemic H1N1 flu are turning it down because they fear side-effects or think the virus is too mild to bother, a survey of doctors showed on Wednesday.

Many of the 107 family doctors polled by Britain’s Pulse magazine said there was widespread resistance from patients and on average only 46 percent of those offered the vaccination agree to have it.

Doctors reported particular difficulties in persuading pregnant women to be vaccinated against the virus, according to Pulse, a trade newspaper for doctors.

“In all the pregnant women we’ve offered it to, I think only about one in 20 has agreed,” Dr Chris Udenze, a family doctor based in Nottingham, central England, said in the survey.

Skepticism has been growing in Britain and other European countries about health authorities’ handling of the H1N1 pandemic because the number of people infected has been lower than originally feared…
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:38 pm

The following things are more dangerous than swine flu (according to the internet, which KNOWS ALL):
Religion
Sex
Trees
Music
Love
Youth
Fat
However, swine flu ismore dangerous than nuclear weapons.

(Edited to fix broken link)
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby druchi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm

99% of surveys are made up on the spot.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

PreviousNext

Return to News and Current Events