Foiled Massacre Plot

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Foiled Massacre Plot

Postby Remus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:21 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chool.html

Did anyone read this article the other day? I just found this really disturbing. Thank goodness that guy got drunk and spilt the beans to that girl or I don't either want to think about what would have happened. I just think this article got to me because only a couple of months ago, there was my old mentor under the impression I was in the same psycho state when I sent a perfectly honest, harmless email that she misinterpreted very wrongly which was just mad because I anyone who knows me really knows that I get upset if I accidently squish something like a fly. I think the worst bit it at the end with diary entries, those extracts are just chilling.
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Foiled Massacre Plot

Postby Steph » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 pm

That's awful :( It saddens me that two young people can already have such little faith in humanity and compassion at such a young age.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:46 pm

I know, at 16 and 18 to be messed up like that, it's just really warped. I personally hope they don't go to jail but instead to a psychiatric place where they can get help but let's face, they really need it if thinking about doing stuff like that.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:25 pm

AgentR wrote:I know, at 16 and 18 to be messed up like that, it's just really warped. I personally hope they don't go to jail but instead to a psychiatric place where they can get help but let's face, they really need it if thinking about doing stuff like that.

Psychiatric places for people that warped are a bad idea. Recently a man was put into a psychiatric ward and he killed someone there brutally. He then escaped and killed his friend, then fried his brain and tried to eat it. It's disturbing and proves there are times for help, and times for containment.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:32 pm

AgentR wrote:I know, at 16 and 18 to be messed up like that, it's just really warped. I personally hope they don't go to jail but instead to a psychiatric place where they can get help but let's face, they really need it if thinking about doing stuff like that.

I don't think they treat psychopathic personality disorders, I seem to remember being told that they can't. Pepole who are just psychopaths are put in prison, because the idea of being punished is the only thing which will stop them acting on those horrible impulses.

Dan wrote:Psychiatric places for people that warped are a bad idea. Recently a man was put into a psychiatric ward and he killed someone there brutally. He then escaped and killed his friend, then fried his brain and tried to eat it. It's disturbing and proves there are times for help, and times for containment.

Some psychiatric hospitals are more secure than some prisons. Also, there is a difference between warped and criminaly insane. That doesn't really sound like rational behaviour, even for someone who could traditionaly be called evil, so it's quite probable that man really was very ill mentaly.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Dan wrote:Psychiatric places for people that warped are a bad idea. Recently a man was put into a psychiatric ward and he killed someone there brutally. He then escaped and killed his friend, then fried his brain and tried to eat it. It's disturbing and proves there are times for help, and times for containment.

Well surely that the fault of the staff who was running the place? I mean if the guy was a danger to other patients, should they have done something to prevent it. That story is very disturbing though, it reminds me of a Supernatural episode.

Alice wrote:I don't think they treat psychopathic personality disorders, I seem to remember being told that they can't. Pepole who are just psychopaths are put in prison, because the idea of being punished is the only thing which will stop them acting on those horrible impulses.

I can see what you mean, I'm guess you can never really get rid of things like that but I don't understand how it helps locking them up either. I mean they could do something foolish in jail or the environment could make them worse so they might be even more damaged when they come out.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm not good at debates. :P
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Have you seen the news? Those two boys got cleared which sort of shocked me.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Yep I've just read the BBC article on their website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 259565.stm

What I find most shocking is that they are seen to be ordinary because "they achieved well in their exams" as if you have to be of limited intellectual ability to be so detached from the world.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:11 pm

I know, I found that shocking. I don't get how the head teacher can comment anyway. I don't think I even talked to mine ever. What I find the most chilling is the journals and how they say it was just a fantasy. I mean sure all of us on here have been though a lot of rough stuff but I'm pretty sure none of us have deep dark diary entries plotting to murder loads of people.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:34 pm

AgentR wrote:I know, I found that shocking. I don't get how the head teacher can comment anyway. I don't think I even talked to mine ever. What I find the most chilling is the journals and how they say it was just a fantasy. I mean sure all of us on here have been though a lot of rough stuff but I'm pretty sure none of us have deep dark diary entries plotting to murder loads of people.

Your shocked, they were always going to get acquitted because everyone at some stage in their lives have wanted to blow up their school.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Remus » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Fair enough but there is a big difference between a simple daydream and actually writing down plot details and hate filled diaries. Quoting from one of their journal 'I have a deep desire to take human life away, it's becoming a deep obsession.', I mean who writes stuff like that.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby druchi » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:12 am

Soldiers.

Yup those boys have a bright career ahead of them.
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Druchi, I have serious doubts about whether war is ever ok, but I can appreciate that most soldiers are not bad people. Please don't be so harsh on them.

G.K. Chesterton wrote:"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby druchi » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:10 pm

What makes you think I support war if anything I would have hoped its become very apprent that I despise all forms of violence.

It does not matter to the dead wether the bullets are fired in the name of democracy or dictatorship which is roughly what Ghandi said.

It was more a commentry I know someone who joined the army to 'kill the fuckin paki's'. I would also be a hypocrit if I said I did not make aplan with my friend one day to burn down our school. :P

Anyway they are aquited they have done nothing wrong under the law leave em be.
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Return to News and Current Events