Cadburys

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Cadburys

Postby Remus » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:53 pm

I saw in the news that the US food company, Kraft are trying to buy Cadburys and placed a bid for £10.2 billion which Cadburys turned down of course as I heard they make a profit of like £5 billion a year. I really hope they don't get bought, I would be really upset if they did. Living in Birmingham, I know Bournville Village pretty well and it is such a lovely place, really nice looking and it would be a shame to take all that steep history away from it. Poor George Cadbury would be like turning in his grave! :lol:

Most important reason though why I don't want it to go: I love Crunchie bars, I eat lots of them and would hate to see them discontinued! :P
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Cadburys

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:22 pm

I agree. I hope it doesn't go ahead. Cadbury's efforts in ethicla trading would be undermined by Kraft.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Thirteen-thirty-seven wrote:I agree. I hope it doesn't go ahead. Cadbury's efforts in ethicla trading would be undermined by Kraft.

Very true, I love how Cadburys does all the fairtrade goods and all of that.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:48 am

When Candy visited England we went to the Bourneville factory and she fell in love with all the machines. :) (I just fell in love with the melted chocolate that they give you at the end of the tour. Oh, and the ride in those motorized cocoa beans.) It will be a sad thing if Cadbury's is swallowed up by another company, especially one that isn't committed to ethical business.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:25 pm

I loved that part of the trip too, that little pot of melted chocolate was so nice!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:39 pm

I must go there sometime.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 pm

You should, Esther. You get free chocolate bars, well technically you pay for them when you pay to get it but it's well worth it. You get to see how chocolate is made, where it comes from, all sorts of interesting things.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:08 pm

I saw on the news that Kraft put another bid in for Cadburys which thankfully they declined. Man, those guys just won't give up. I so hope they will give up eventually, I just can't imagine Bourneville without Cadburys. I mean without the factory, Cadburys' World, the cosy village, the purple lamposts, it just wouldn't be the same.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby druchi » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:18 pm

I think I would cry with out Cadburys
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Things dont look that good for cadburys

i dont want kraft to take over cadburys chocolate is the best americian chocs are meant to be horrible
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:19 pm

I am not happy at all about it, why can't Kraft just drop it! Bourneville is such a lovely area and now it's all going to go to hell. People are going to lose their jobs and we going to get landed with some crappy health bars. Poor George Cadbury would be turning in his grave. Our only hope is that Cadbury's stakeholders so no to selling on February 2nd, if not, I'm going to be stocking up on Crunchies.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

It's official, I hate Kraft. 200 years of history about to be took away. I would very surprised if Kraft decided to keep production here.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Life is full of surprises. Perhaps Kraft can still be persuaded to keep production in Bourneville.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Unfortunately I very much doubt it. Kraft is already planned to closed down the factory near Bristol even after they said before the takeover they would keep it open. Talk about devious. :evil: They are moving production to Poland where of course, it's a lot cheaper.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Dino » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:47 am

I don't live far from the Cadbury's factory in Bristol (in fact, I used to see it every morning from the college bus) and apparently the moves to move to Poland were too far gone to back out at "such a late stage". (Funny how that only got revealed once their takeover was confirmed). Personally I have a feeling that Kraft's will just be interested in making money and the quality of the chocolate will go downhill. I hope I'm wrong though!
Dino

Next

Return to News and Current Events