Mother kills her disabled daughter

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Mother kills her disabled daughter

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:31 pm

"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Re: Mother kills her disabled daughter

Postby Steph » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Absolutely tragic! I think it's very difficult to judge in these situations though-I just feel sympathy for everyone involved.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby kerrianne92 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:08 pm

I feel sorry for the boy and the rest of their family that was left behind, the mother obviously thought that what she did was the only thing she could do. people like this should be given more help with dealing with situations like they were in.
They will not force us, They will stop degrading us, They will not control us, We will be victorious - Muse
kerrianne92
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:30 pm

In one article I read about this, it said the mother had contacted the police over 30 times about the harrassment her and her daughter were receiving but she was always told that she was "over-reacting" and that it wasn't a police matter.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby kerrianne92 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:33 pm

In one article I read about this, it said the mother had contacted the police over 30 times about the harrassment her and her daughter were receiving but she was always told that she was "over-reacting" and that it wasn't a police matter.
thats ridiculas! if the police were told there was a problem they should have acted upon it, it makes you wonder...if the police had done their job properly and responded to what they were told by the mother would the girl and her mother still be here?
They will not force us, They will stop degrading us, They will not control us, We will be victorious - Muse
kerrianne92
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:01 pm

I saw it on the news tonight and how they confirmed it. How awful, they must of been so scared.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 pm

What really makes me fume is that it is reported that one of the main bullies openly bragged that he was allowed to do anything he wanted to them and the police couldn't do anything. The fact that they never got punished for it makes me so angry :evil:
Steph
Forum God !

Postby madame_tigre » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:50 pm

I think this is an absolutely tragic case and what makes it even more tragic is that it could have been avoided if Police stepped in. I also find it disgusting how neighbours on the street do not accept responsibility either - for instance one of the parents of the yobs just said that it should be down to the authorities to sort as they have to live down the street. Yes, the authorities should sort it but parents should discipline their children as there is never any excuse for bullying and abuse.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby carebear15 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 pm

i couldn't find story
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:24 pm

carebear15 wrote:i couldn't find story

It's a couple of years old now, Jar, so the link won't be live any more. If you Google Fiona Pilkington, you should get a link.
Steph
Forum God !

Return to News and Current Events