Sea World Trainer killed by Killer Whale

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Sea World Trainer killed by Killer Whale

Postby Remus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -down.html

Anyone seen this? It always saddens me to see a death like this in the media. I cannot believe Sea World though. I totally agree with them not putting the whale down but to let it continue to perform is just madness. It's already killed three people, it's going to do it again. Her death was a tragic accident, the whale probably just want to play but of course, at such a large size, playing is quite dangerous. Animals like that shouldn't be in such small tanks, they need large bodies of water to swim in. No wonder captive whales have a history of attacking people, if I was put in such a small space, I'll go crazy. I hate animals being forced to perform for human entertainment anyway, it's just horrible especially circuses.

Hopefully people learn something from this tragedy. What bugs me is all these people saying set the whale free into the ocean. He wouldn't last five seconds in the wild, he spent too long in captivity. Of course, if people stopped whaling, we wouldn't need to have them in captivity.
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Sea World Trainer killed by Killer Whale

Postby Piers1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:40 pm

I don't like the idea of getting whales and dolphins performing. They're saying now that they are smarter than chimpanzees.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:03 pm

It's killed THREE people and it's still performing?! What on EARTH.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Brian » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Dan wrote:It's killed THREE people and it's still performing?! What on EARTH.

If I said that, I would have about three people annoying me because of my opinion.

Its a killer whale at the end of the day, it killed the trainer what else was it going to do. Also it is one of the risks the trainer was taking when carrying out the job day to day.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Piers1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:54 pm

OUTRAGEOUS!
SeaWorld is blaming the victim -- their trainer who let her ponytail swing into the water -- while the real negligence lies with them. They knew the whale Tilicum had a history of attacks against people, but they chose profit over the safety of whales and people.
It is time for a federal investigation of their actions, and time to force them to return orcas to the wild and stop the cover-up. We know this can be done, because we have done it with Keiko, the whale from Free Willy.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby hagrid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:55 am

isn't the clue kind in the name KILLER whale it shouldn't be blamed for anything but they can at least let it go so it doesn't happen again. if it has killed three people i wouldn't want to be the guy who becomes number 4 :(
hagrid
Forum Master

Postby 07williamsdj » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:26 pm

I don't think that any animal should be used at entertainment, let alone an orca whale
07williamsdj

Postby wadey » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:01 pm

For one of my assignments, I have to write a newspaper aticle about a current issues. I have decide to write about animal attacks and I was just wondering if it ok if i use some of your points in my assignemts, obviously names will not be metioned
wadey
Site Admin

Postby hagrid » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:01 am

This whale obviously can't cope with captivity, if hes killing his trainers i for one wouldn't want to be number four. they should either release it or leave it the hell alone. :x :x
hagrid
Forum Master

Return to News and Current Events