Bull gets its revenge in Spain

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Bull gets its revenge in Spain

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Did anyone else see the news article on BBC News about the bull that jumped the barriers during a bull fight and ran rampage in the audience. It sounds harsh but what else do people expect when they persecute the bulls and deliberately anger them? Hopefully the people in the audience will think again before attending another bullfight.
Steph
Forum God !

Re: Bull gets its revenge in Spain

Postby JamesStanley » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:12 pm

I doubt most of the people there will stop going this isnt the first time something like this has happened
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:59 pm

I saw that. It extremely saddens me when I think these warped sports are still going on today. I mean, we're in 21st century, not the stone age, we should know better now.

I have no sympathy towards that audience whatsoever. They totally deserve it for watching such an awful sport. That bull was only doing what came natural to it. It was scared and wanted to escape. Poor bull, I hope it in a better place now.

We looked at Bullfighting in Animal Welfare and some of the pictures we saw we just so horrendous. It's just so frustrating, my biggest question is why? I mean, what twisted motion drives people to do things like that? It is so beyond me.

Although on a good point, recently Catalonia is the first region in mainland Spain to ban bullfighting so it's a start, long way to go though.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Yeah it's good that Catalonia has banned it-it's such a cruel, barbaric, twisted "sport". I put it in inverted commas as there is nothing sporting about torturing an animal.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 pm

In some countries they have a version that doesn't kill the bull. I'm not sure winding it up so that you can do tricks with it is so great either, but I suppose it's better.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby smileygal » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Remus wrote:Although on a good point, recently Catalonia is the first region in mainland Spain to ban bullfighting so it's a start, long way to go though.

REally? thats great - lets hope other regions followcatalonias lead. I don't know how people actually pay to see something so horrible - personally i blame it on them because otherwise there would be no glamour associated with the idea
smileygal

Return to News and Current Events