Cartoon trend hits facebook!!!!

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Cartoon trend hits facebook!!!!

Postby 07williamsdj » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Globally, People have been changing their profile pictures to their favourite cartoon characters, and I was wondering why, so I found out. Apparently it started in Greece and Cyprus in mid-November, with a message in Greek that read: "From the 16th to the 20th of November, we shall change our profile pictures to our favourite cartoon characters. The purpose of this game is to remove all photos of human for a few days from Facebook." Later on the 19th of November a message read: "NewGame: Change your profile picture to your favorite cartoon from when you were a kid. The goal of this game is not to see a human picture on Facebook, but an invasion of childhood memories until Monday. PLAY AND PASS ALONG!" and today I have seen the message: "Change your facebook profile picture to a cartoon character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday, Dec 6th of 2010, there should be no human faces on facebook, but an invasion of memories! This is for a campaign against violence on children." There is also a group called "Change your profile pic to a Cartoon or Comic book character" that has been liked by over 12,000 people. There has been other multiple facebook crazes in the past. I have been wondering, what do you think, and if you changed your profile picture, and to what character? :shock: wow I actually wrote that much!!!
07williamsdj

Re: Cartoon trend hits facebook!!!!

Postby galexy96 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:23 pm

I changed mine to morph, as I remember watching that when I was younger. But I changed it to Clifford the big red dog after :D
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Steph » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:22 am

I changed mine to the Lion King-not strictly a cartoon but it was my favourite childhood film.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby JamesStanley » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:24 am

I thought about changing it to the lion king but decided on taz
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:41 pm

I changed mine to the scooby doo gang :D
07williamsdj

Postby Alice » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:17 pm

I changed mine to spot, but I couldn't find any mention of the event on the NSPCC website.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby wadey » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 am

has anyone got the new layout on facebook?
if does anyone know how to access your own links?
wadey
Site Admin

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:55 pm

Alice wrote:but I couldn't find any mention of the event on the NSPCC website.

That's because it wasn't actually connected to them, someone just decided to do it against child abuse. I didn't see any message that didn't mention child abuse - what i got was
Change your Facebook profile picture to a cartoon character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday 6th Dec, there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of childhood memories. This is a campaign to stop violence against children.

Ichanged to tigger, but now the 6th has gone, everyone's changed back, so i've got my old pic back.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Ah, one of the versions I got mentioned the NSPCC specifically, which I found suspicious. However, I didn't see the harm in it so I did it anyway.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby talbotthefox » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 pm

I changed mine to Tintin and saved several hundred childrens lifes... oh wait.
talbotthefox

Return to News and Current Events