Yesterday's Panorama Undercover Care programme

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Yesterday's Panorama Undercover Care programme

Postby Steph » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:41 pm

It made me cry and made me feel sick! I cannot believe that there are people out there who can treat others in this way! It was so distressing-just hearing the wails of the patients was enough to set me crying! I cannot believe that people could treat the most vulnerable people in society like something off the bottom of their shoe. The National Autistic Society have a petition going which I linked to on my Facebook page. I am just so angry and feel so sorry for everyone involved!
Steph
Forum God !

Re: Yesterday's Panorama Undercover Care programme

Postby sherwood » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:28 pm

That documentary absolutely disgusted me! I wanted to cry so much during it.. I think the worst part was where they showed that the abuse had been reported but had not been acted upon :( To think that their suffering could have ended so much sooner.. It just makes me so mad!
sherwood
Advanced Member

Re: Yesterday's Panorama Undercover Care programme

Postby abi » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 am

this is disgusting.

the ignored complaints are not an isolated incident, many care homes (mostly for the elderly, but its the same issue - abuse of vulnerable people) have had complaints made, and nothing done, but it has been kept out of the news.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Return to News and Current Events