Teacher who lived a double life

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Teacher who lived a double life

Postby Remus » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:20 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... ching.html

Did anyone see this in the papers? I was just wondering what you guys thought of it, that he is allowed to continue teaching. I was quite shocked about it. If he wants to go participate in those type of activities, fair enough that is his own business, I don't judge him on that. What I judge him on is that at the end of the day, he is a teacher and it is their duty as teachers to be responsible and act as appropriate rolemodels. Someone said "Oh why shouldn't he teach, it's his private life," but something like that in a teaching profession, that wasn't going to stay private for long, someone was eventually going to find out and can you imagine the students reaction if he did return to teach? If I had kids, I certainly wouldn't want him teaching my kids which I know sounds harsh and makes him sound like he is some sort of monster (I'm sure he probably a really nice guy but still...) but that's just my feelings on it. There is just some things you do not do in that profession.
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Teacher who lived a double life

Postby safcjcp » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:39 am

It is wrong but then again so is teachers saying oh don't smoke it's bad for u then doing it themselves
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." — Frank Zappa
safcjcp
Forum Master

Re: Teacher who lived a double life

Postby talbotthefox » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:12 pm

But he's not doing it in the classroom is he?
I mean at the end of the day what impact will it have on his teaching skills?
talbotthefox

Return to News and Current Events