Cruise ship sinking

Discuss the latest news in the media and voice your own opinions about the news.

Cruise ship sinking

Postby Steph » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Who else has seen this in the news? It scared me-I have been on 2 cruises and have always thought it was one of the safest forms of transport. I am so lucky I wasn't on that ship as, last time I had an evacuation drill on a cruise ship, I couldn't get my lifejacket on properly! I can't imagine what it must have been like for the passengers on that ship! I don't know what to make of the captain either.
Steph
Forum God !

Re: Cruise ship sinking

Postby wadey » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:18 pm

It quite shocking news, and unfoutuntely I reckon thier is more bodies to be found. Being a paper round person on weekends I been reading it in the newspapers as well and apprantly some of the workers are in trouble for leaving the boat before all the passangers are off, I know that workers are trained for this situation and should not leave before the passangers but in real life situation it different, they properly just painked. As for the captian it sounds like it may be his fault.
wadey
Site Admin

Re: Cruise ship sinking

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm waiting for the results of the investigation before pointing the finger at who's to blame. I do wonder if the company is blaming the captin to move the blame away from them (putting it on the captin means there was no probelm with the ship's navigational systems), but not knowing all the ins and outs of it, I can't be sure. But I'm not willing to blam him until after the investigation's finished.

Steph, I shouldn't worry about going on cruises. yes, this one was a disaster, but It's not often a cruise liner goes down - It's actually quite rare. Compare it to the amount of accidents/collisions for other modes of transports, it probably is one of the safest modes of transport. In addition, rules regarding ships may change as a result of this, making it even safer.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to News and Current Events