Introductions...

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Postby k9ruby » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:51 pm

:D hi therE!!!!! :D
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby steve11 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:51 pm

hello philip :)
steve11

Postby Helen » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:15 pm

Welcome to Matt's Hideout Phillip. :D
This we know the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby SomeT1 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:51 pm

Hi there everyone, how do you get registered to use the chat room???
SomeT1
Advanced Member

Postby Helen » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:03 pm

Hi,
Welcome to Matt's Hideout.
To register to use the chat room, just e-mail Matt with a user name and password of your choice and he will add you to the members list. Once that is done then you will be able to chat.

The Chat room has been very quiet of late. :unsure: so this seems a good time to remind everyone that the Chat room is there for you guys and girls. Providing it does cost us money so please use it......or you may end up losing it. :(

Why not try and arrange a time and day for chats which is convenient to you, among yourselves via the forum. :)

Remember..........it's good to talk!! :D
This we know the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby SomeT1 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:05 pm

Is the Dyspraxic Teens Forum still running? It seems to have gone dead?
SomeT1
Advanced Member

Postby Helen » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:09 pm

It is still running. It is still quite a new project, so does not have the same profile as Matt's Hideout, which is nearly 4 years old now.

There are a few regular members who post some really good stuff though, so stick with it and in time it will become better known and hopefully will be a useful resource. :)
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby SomeT1 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:11 pm

Ah right, thanks for your response
SomeT1
Advanced Member

Postby rachel » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:10 pm

hi Jamie
rachel
Splendiferous Member

Postby SomeT1 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:34 pm

hi
SomeT1
Advanced Member

Postby k9ruby » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:16 pm

Hi! :D
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Qasim » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:55 pm

Hi there, my names Qasim, I live in Birmingham UK, and I'm 17. My hobbies are graphic and web design, art, reading, and making films. I've known I've had dyspraxia from the age of 10, and although it's only mild I can really relate to what I've read on this site.

Wow I'm really amazed at all the work you've put in to this site, it's such a great resource, thanks a lot.

I've noticed a lot of you are into web design, should make for some interesting conversations!! :)
Qasim
Mega Poster

Postby slinky_malinki » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:48 pm

Hello Qasim! It's nice to meet you.

This sounds like a peculiar question, but do you speak either Urdu or Arabic? (I'm going by your name.) I speak some Arabic and I'm learning Urdu, so I'm always trying to pinpoint people to practice on!
slinky_malinki
Forum Master

Postby Qasim » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:23 pm

:) Yes my name is an Arabic name. I speak a bit of both. My family speaks them as a joint-first language along with English, and I was brought up in England speaking English as a first language, but learning some Urdu and Arabic at the same time. I don't know half as much as I should though!

Are you learning the languages as a hobby, or for education?
Qasim
Mega Poster

Postby slinky_malinki » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:58 pm

Asalaamu alaykum!

I grew up in Saudi Arabia, so I began learning Arabic so I could communicate with the people in their own language. Most British expatriates struggle with a basic 'marhuba'. I wanted to do my bit to demolish England's reputation as an island full of people too lazy to learn other languages. My spoken Arabic is fairly good, though I like people to speak very slowly to me so I have time to translate in my head. My spelling is awful (how do I manage to get so much wrong, when it's all phonetic?!)

As for Urdu, my best friend Sobia is a Pakistani. I met her when we were eight years old and she began teaching me one afternoon. I am nowhere near fluent, but I have a vast reservoir of useful (and not-so-useful!) words and phrases that I string together in completely ungrammatical sentences - amusing everyone very much, I might add.

Are you learning classical Qur'anic Arabic or the spoken Modern Standard?
slinky_malinki
Forum Master

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome