Introductions...

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:30 am

Hi Qasim! Welcome to the forum! :D
Matt
Site Admin

Location: Milton Keynes, England, Europe, Earth. You may have heard of it....

Postby Ruth » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:47 am

Hello

I found out yesterday that I have dyspraxia. Still trying to take it in. I was looking for information to help me to understand and I found your marvelous web-site.

It's fantastic! Well done Matt and everyone else.

So many reasuring storiea. I kept thinking yeah me too! Oh so THATS why! It's such a relief!!

So HUGE thanks already.

Hope to get to know some of you.

Ruth
Ruth
Super Poster

Postby Helen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:46 am

Hello Ruth,

Welcome to Matt's Hideout Forum. :)
Pleased that you found the site when you most needed it and that it is helping to give you information and reassurance.
You are in very good company here, as all will understand your feelings and will be here to support you, answer questions and share their own experiences, which hopefully will help you on your journey to learning to live with dyspraxia. :)

Remember if you need anything, just shout!

Take care,
Helen
This we know the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby Helen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:50 am

Hi Qasim,

Welcome to Matt's Hideout!
Sorry I did not post a welcome message sooner - did not see you hiding up there! :unsure:

Look forward to reading more of your posts on this forum.

Notice you are into web design. Have you your own website? Feel free to post the address here if you do. We all enjoy checking out other member's sites. :D

Bye for now,
Helen
This we know the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby k9ruby » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:34 pm

Notice you are into web design. Have you your own website? Feel free to post the address here if you do. We all enjoy checking out other member's sites. biggrin.gif

Yeah and if you have a forum you get really cool stuff from ifzone.cjb.net

oh, btw Welcome to the boards! ;)
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Qasim » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:19 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

Notice you are into web design. Have you your own website? Feel free to post the address here if you do. We all enjoy checking out other member's sites. 

It's in the making. I hope to finish it after I complete a film I'm creating. Talking of films, I have had an idea recently, to create a sort of 'diary of a dyspraxic child', showing his troubles and daily life. Ofcourse, it would have to be quite short, maybe about 15 minutes or so. What do you lot think?

Slinky Malinki, Wa'alaikumusalaam! Sorry for the late reply! Here we go... I'm learning, or learned mostly, the classical Qur'anic Arabic. I know mostly all of the rules, my Mum taught me all I know. As for the spoken modern equivalent, I'm very rusty! So I won't be much good I'm afraid.

By the way, what's the difference between this forum and the other one?

Thanks again! :D
Qasim
Mega Poster

Postby Helen » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:16 am

Look forward to seeing your site, Qasim. :) The idea of a film to demonstrate the struggles a child with dyspraxia faces on a daily basis is a great one.

By the way, what's the difference between this forum and the other one?

Do you mean the Dyspraxic Teens forum?

<a href='http://www.dyspraxicteen.darlen.co.uk/' target='_blank'>Dyspraxic teens</a>

If so, this was set up for teenagers and was the idea of Vicky, Slinky Malinki on here, Parnasus on the teens forum, who wanted a support site, where teens with dyspraxia could share experiences and ideas for coping etc. The idntention was that the site would be led by teens, hence Vicky has moderating powers and is able to submit articles etc. Her eloquence and articulation give others a huge insite into the life of a dyspraxic teen.

The site seems to be very slow, with minimal contribution from members. We have not had much publicity from other dyspraxia sites despite sending details to them. I think I will be e-mailing some of them again to spread the word, because I believe that the information & contributions already on the site are extremely valuable and that the site is unique in its aims and objectives. We need to reach the teens out there who have dyspraxia, but have not found us yet.
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby slinky_malinki » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:23 am

I listed the web addresses of both Matt's Hideout and the Dyspraxic Teens' Forum in the back of my book, so hopefully some readers will decide to give the sites extra traffic. :)
slinky_malinki
Forum Master

Postby rachel » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:32 pm

hi Ruth did you like busted
rachel
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:52 pm

Hey I'm Shanna and I'm from Oswego, Illinois in the United States. I have lived here all of my 19 years. I have dyspraxia and I think it's mild. Not sure because I just found out. :D I really like this website. Some of my hobbies include:

hanging out with friends/family
eating (not a good one sometimes)
playing my saxophone and guitar
singing along to my favorite cds or radio songs (not very good at it)
Listening to music (I like just about everything except punk)
Watching Chicago Cubs baseball (they won yesterday, by the way :D )
Watching movies (Esp. The Cutting Edge, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Finding Neverland (or any Peter Pan movies I like the movie Hook too), and sports movies.
I like J.K. Rowling books and Nicholas Sparks books (one of his is A Walk to Remember, which is another movie I like)
I like to write and hopefully will become an author
I like to play sports for fun :D although I am not the best at it. <_<
I like Mickey Mouse and Mulan
I LOVE CHOCOLATE and I think Charlotte's idea is a good idea!! :D
Guess that's about it...

Shanna
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby benjnottingham » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:32 am

Hi Shanna,
What type of guitar do you play?
I play electric guitar & acoustic guitar along with some other instruments.
Ben :)
B Jackson
benjnottingham
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:10 pm

I play acoustic. I am just learning how to play. :)

Shanna
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby SpursFan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:23 pm

Hi,

My name's Matt. I'm probably one of the oldest members of this forum at 22. I only noticed this site a couple of days ago but it seems a really good site so I decided to join. I also have dyspraxia.

My hobbies are;

Football
Listening to music
Word games
Reading (I love reading classics, Harry Potter etc.)
The internet

This is me (unfortunately!). <a href='http://photobucket.com/albums/y116/Mhall23/?action=view¤t=me.jpg' target='_blank'>http://photobucket.com/albums/y116/Mhall23...¤t=me.jpg</a>

Hope to see you all around.

Matt.
SpursFan
Super Poster

Postby Helen » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:22 am

Hi Matt,
Welcome!
You are not older than me!! ;)
Wanted to see your photo, but there was no pic displayed :(
Hope you enjoy your time on here.
Given you have reached the grand old age of '22' ;) you will be sure to have plenty of experience and advice to share with the younger members to help them through their teens years and on into adult hood. I know any help you could give will be gratefully received.

Helen :)
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby madame_tigre » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:50 pm

Hi Matt! Welcome to the forum! :D
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome