howdy

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

howdy

Postby tornmean9 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:44 pm

ill start of by saying im not a teenager im 22 how ever up untill now i never really bothered finding other people with dyspraxia or much about it

but then i was just watching problem on bbc iplayer bout people with autism and got me thinking bout dyspraxia and how it effects peopl espcialy those in school compared to when i was in school

my name btw is peter :)

id say im a more mild case but was diagnosed with dyspraxia at bout 7 and as i got older it got less worse but as a kid i had muscle problems and always fell over nothing and broke my bones easily and a behaviour problem also had and still got a speech impederment

then late teens and now i have concentration problems still got speech imedperment i would say my short term memory is not so good at times

my writing is awefully untidy even if there are lines and i never really sleep to good

i realy dislike reading books i just cant concentrate long enough to read more then few pages

i have few animals i also like partying and spending all my time on the internet when im not partying dont go out alot and boring i know but that really bout sums me up

i am also thinking it likely 2morrow i will prob try find other sites to bout dyspraxia and maybe find other people to talk to bout it ive also been bullied and been the bully not that im proud of the latter part but does give me a interesting view on the bullies side of things
tornmean9

Re: howdy

Postby Creative » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Peter. I'm 25 and was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 15. I volunteer for a dyslexia organisation, at a toyroom in a charity shop and at my local library.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Welcome! I'm chocolatefudgecake and i'm 18. Despite being called "Dyspraxic teens", there are lots of people who are older, so don't worry about not being a teenager.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 22. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby tornmean9 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Steph wrote:Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 22. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D

that sort of thing is challening i use to go to a school with people who had epilepsy others had autism or some was severely or mildly disabled and lots of other ilnnesses inbetween i think epilepesy always hardest having to watch them have a fit with not being able to do much
tornmean9

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Yes it can be very hard but it can be very rewarding too, at times.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby tornmean9 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:14 pm

Steph wrote:Yes it can be very hard but it can be very rewarding too, at times.

i know alot of people who are disabled or has disabilitys but it not a job i think i would do
tornmean9

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:43 am

A lot of people say that and it's something I can appreciate-it takes all sorts to make a world, after all.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:23 am

Welcome Peter, I'm Remus and I'm 17. I love animals and I am training to be a Zookeeper. I love writing, music, books, television!

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:58 am

Hi Peter, Im Brian from Ireland and I like sports and music. Welcome to DT.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Ben Jackson » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Welcome to DT Peter,
I'm Ben and I've got mild & verbal dyspraxia.
I like listening to music,writing my own songs and recording then,playing games on XBOX 360 and watching DVD's and loads more things
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Return to Welcome