Hiiii!

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hiiii!

Postby Cahuna » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Hello everyone!! Im emilio, 23 years of age:P hope its ok that ive join the forum. Although i feel like a "teen" society likes to thing im an adult. Ive been diagnosed with dyspraxia co-morbid with scotopic sensitivity about 3 months ago. I have to admit that the diagnosis brough light to many mysteries around myself. As i was diagnosed very recently i was always under the "speech attack". You probably now how it goes - Lazy, immature, risky,not trying hard enough,priorities, blah blah blah...
Anyways after extreme effort that was only visible from my perspective, Im at the final year at Uni studying Risk Management and i have my final exams next week, i have to sit six exams 3 of which are advance level. Been studying like crazy for a month now and i hope everything goes well.
Im having a break now randomly surfing the net when i found this forum. I think its great that such a forum exists. Congrats to the admins.
I think i just got the energy for another three hour session, inlcuding the never ending fantastic daydreaming.Hhaha
Over and out
Cahuna

Re: Hiiii!

Postby Steph » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 22. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D

PS. Good luck for your upcoming exams.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Welcome Emilio, I'm Remus and I'm 17. I love animals and I am training to be a Zookeeper. I love writing, music, books, television!

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi Emillio, I'm Brian, 17 from Ireland and my hobby's are sports and music.

Welcome to DT
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Cahuna » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Hey guyss! thanx for the welcome, lovely to meet you all. This forum rocks!! :D
Does anyone know if its possible to have both dyspraxia and dyslexia? As i told you before ive been diagnosed three moths ago but i think i have symptoms from both disabilities. For example, my motor skills are excellent.driving, mountail bike, bikes are like a second nature to me. I was in the army for two years where i served the green berets as a sergeant,( compulsory service guys:P) where motor skills where a mustt. In general im not clumsy out of the norm. I have flat feet :P and my hearing is excellent. I have almost severe short-term memory difficulties though.
The thing is, i seem to have most of the Vision, Reading, and Spelling difficulties found in dyslexia associated problems. anyway im not a doctor, its just a thought.

Can anyone please tell me how to put a pic on my profile??

Remus i honeslty find zookeeping as one of the best and kind jobs. I love animals as well. Sometimes lately i seem to have a feeling that i would rather be around with animals instead of people.

Hey Brian Nice to meet you. Ireland is lovely. Im planning to visit at the next isle of man race. I will try to visit both places.

Hey stephh, im already enjoyng the boards :) .
Cahuna

Postby Remus » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:43 pm

It certainly is possible, many of the conditions tend to overlap so it can be difficult finding out what you've got.

If you go to the top of the forum, click on "User Control Panel" and on the left side, there should be a list of options. Click on "Profile" and then "Edit avatar" and then simple submit what picture you want but bear in mind that it must have a maximum height of 80 pixels and a width of 100 pixels. Hope this isn't too confusing.

It's not an easy career, it's quite challenge and physical but for moments like hand-feeding lemurs or watching meerkats play, it's totally worth it. Haha, that's definitely one of the perks. :D You don't have to deal with people all of the time.
Last edited by Remus on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:45 pm

It is possible to have Dyspraxia and Dyslexia
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Cahuna » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:46 pm

Thanx ill try it.
Are you working at the london zoo?
Cahuna

Postby Remus » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Cahuna wrote:Thanx ill try it.
Are you working at the london zoo?

No, I volunteer at Birmingham Nature Centre. It's a small place compared to other zoos but I love it there as I grew up with it as I went there lots as a little kid.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:56 am

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm 25 and I volunteer for a dyslexia organisation, at a toyroom in a charity shop and at my local library.

Good luck with your exams.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:12 pm

welcome to DT!

Cahuna wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to have both dyspraxia and dyslexia?

It is - one of my sociology teachers has both.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Welcome to the boards!

My name is Rosanna. I'm 22 year old administrator from Leeds.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Don't worry about being too old. There are many 20-somethings on the forum. I'm Esther and I'm 21. I hiope you like it here.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Hovis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 am

Hi and welcome My name is Andy I am 18 I am at college studying fo Health and Social Care Highers I would like to eventually train to be a childrens nurse. By the way I am both Dyspraxic and Dyslexic
Hovis
Super Poster

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Hey! I love your name by the way! I'm Dan and am 18. Was diagnosed when I was 7 with just plain old boring Dyspraxia. :)

I'm currently waiting to go to uni in a few weeks. I hope you enjoy it here and don't worry about being "adult" as we're a very accomodating forum.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Welcome