Hey

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hey

Postby satine22 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:27 pm

Its possible i already did this years ago but oh well

My name is Leyna and im 17 years old. im am currently studying for 4 alevles (politics,media, health and social care and psychology) in my local grammar school. Erm i was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when i was about 4. Its caused several problems such as atrocious hand writing and amazingly bad co-ordination. But luckily most of it is all very minor because i never wanted to be a good dancer anyway! I am lucky enough to have secured a part time job in boots and am active within guides. I love animals and have been chosen to take part in a gap year for a whole year in south Africa working in an orphanage. which is awesome cos i had to go for a week in scotland to be assesed but very scary at the same time!
Erm im generaly a good person who is upbeat but i have some issues with self harm but generally im nice so please talk to me! :D
satine22

Re: Hey

Postby Steph » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 22. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby satine22 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 pm

ah im kent so not too far! im a learning assistant (voluntary) for an adult education literacy class. Erm the guys in there are severly autistic some have had strokes. some have had traumatic pasts or mental illness. :) its pretty awesome cos it opens up so many doors for them
satine22

Postby Creative » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi Leyna. Welcome to the forum. I'm 25 and I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 15. I volunteer for a dyslexia organisation, in a toyroom at a charity shop and for my local library.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Your voluntary job sounds awesome, Leyna.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:11 pm

Hey Leyna, Im Brian, 17 from Ireland and Im currently doing the Irish version of the A levels. Welcome to DT.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Remus » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:03 am

Hello Leyna, I'm Remus and I'm 17. I live in Birmingham in West Midlands, England. I have four cats at the moment and I'm currently training to be a Zookeeper. I love animals, music, TV, internet etc. Hope you enjoy the boards! :)
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Ben Jackson » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Leyna,
Welcome to DT.
I'm Ben and I've got mild & verbal dyspraxia.
Some of my hobbies include: playing guitar (which I've been learning to play for about 5-ish years), playing organ (i've been having organ lessons for about 5 or 6 years), playing bass guitar (which I can play a little bit) plus playing drums & a bit of percussion (i've been playing drums/ bits of percussion since i was about 8 or 9) and loads other things.
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:14 pm

welcome!
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:04 pm

Welcome to the boards!

My name is Rosanna. I'm 22 year old administrator from Leeds.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hiope you like it here.

Well done ion getting that gap year placement. :) Wherabouts is it?
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Return to Welcome