Well hello there, everyone

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Well hello there, everyone

Postby russells_teapot » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Hello, I'm Megan, and currently I'm worried that I'm going to forget my password and the fact I'm not allowed the apostrophe in 'Russell's Teapot.' :)
Currently I am sixteen years old and now at the end of the 'assessment process,' which is especially odd considering it began all of ten years ago, when I was a very scared and confused little girl who could barely hold a pen or speak. However, my problems didn't fit into any particular box, and I was left to blunder my way through the school system with little idea of how to cope or what I was meant to be doing. That changed a few months ago. Nowadays I'm considered more 'eccentric' than 'dysfunctional', and people value me for my honesty, even if it does occasionally give entirely the wrong impression.

Here's a dry psychiatric description of me: autistic (Asperger's Syndrome, to be precise) and dyspraxic.

A more colourful description of me: short and blonde, colourful glasses, books books books, Newton Faulkner, hats, drawing, messiness, huge feet, philosophy, singing...

...yep, I think that just about covers it!

Look forward to talking to you all... :)
russells_teapot
Advanced Member

Re: Well hello there, everyone

Postby Steph » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :D I share both of your diagnostic labels (Aspergers Syndrome and dyspraxia). I am 22 and work in a residential special school with teenagers with complex epilepsy and other physical and neurological conditions. It is stressful and tiring but I love it! I also love the Internet, reading, animals, watching TV, learning about other cultures and languages and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby kerrianne92 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Hullo Megan :)
I'm kerri, I'm also 16. I started college a couple of weeks ago doing a childcare course and i think its brilliant. You can tell the computer to remember your password if that helps?
They will not force us, They will stop degrading us, They will not control us, We will be victorious - Muse
kerrianne92
Mega Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here.

I'm Esther, I'm 21 and just about to start Uni (I started before but had to drop out.)
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Hello Megan, I'm Remus and I'm 17. I live in Birmingham in West Midlands, England. I have four cats at the moment and I'm currently training to be a Zookeeper. I love animals, music, TV, internet etc. Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Meagn. Welcome to the forum. I'm 25 and was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 15. I volunteer for a dyslexia organisation, at a toyroom in a charity shop and at my local library.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Cynamon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:51 am

Welcome to DT
Cynamon

Postby Ben Jackson » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Megan,
Welcome to DT.
I'm Ben and I've got mild & verbal dyspraxia.
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Postby bpcooper » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 am

Hey, I'm Benedict and welcome to DT. I am 17 and also have have dyspraxia and aspergers, so YAY lol. We'll do our best to make you feel welcome =D.
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Return to Welcome