Heya peoples :)

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Heya peoples :)

Postby blasphemy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:17 am

Hi everyone, I haven't really been in a forum before so I hope this is all right :shock: I'm John and I'm 18. I found out I was dyspraxic at 16 just after GCSEs so I didn't fair too great there and I've not really looked into to even what it is or meant. Anyway, I kind of stumbled over this site a few days ago and had a read through a few things and I've been relating to so many things people have posted I'm in shock! Wish I didn't ignore\hide the fact I'm dyspraxic for the last two years now, but nevermind eh! It's been wonderful to see such a great community here and look forward to being part of it :D
blasphemy

Re: Heya peoples :)

Postby Remus » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:31 am

Hello John, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 17 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Glad you finally somewhere where you can related to. Hope you enjoy the boards and feel free to PM anytime if you need to talk or need help.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:36 am

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Welcome to the forum John. I'm 25 and I volunteer for a dyslexia organisation, at a charity shop and at my local library.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:18 pm

Welcome to the forum. I hope it helps you.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby bpcooper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey there John, Welcome to the forums.
I'm Benedict and I'm 17 and have Dyspraxia and Asperger Syndrome.

I hope you feel at home as this is more of a little community rather than a forum.
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby Spoon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:14 pm

Hello! I'm El, 21, musician, activist and hopefully soon a teacher!
Spoon
Mega Poster

Postby blasphemy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, look forward to talking to you all in time. :) What sort of music are you involved in Spoon?
blasphemy

Postby Lana15 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:47 pm

Hey John, i'm Lana. i'm 15 from London. i have just recently found out i'm dyspraxic. got my GCSE mocks in december :shock: i want to be a primary educational teacher, but my friend wants me to publish these books i write as a hobbie :? sorry you found out about having dyspraxia after your GCSEs. good luck with whatever you do. i hope you like it here. everyone here is really very nice. :mrgreen:
Lana XxxX
Lana15

Postby Hovis » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi John Im Andy I am 18yrs old 19 December I am at college studying for my Higher Health and Social Care then I hope to go into nursing I was wanting to work with children but since starting this course I have found myself very interested in Mental Health or Learning Disability, so watch this space :!: :!:
Hovis
Super Poster

Postby madame_tigre » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:27 pm

Welcome tot he forum, John. I'm Rosanna and I'm 22. I also only found out what dyspraxia was shortly after I finished school and I joined this forum shortly after that. It also shock me how miuch I had in common with people but it also helped me to come to terms with my problems and to help me to learn a bit about who I am.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Star » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Hiya.

I'm Nina,, I'm nineteen and I'm a history/sociology student.

Welcome to DT.
Star
Mega Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Hello im james i am 16 years old i found i was dyspraxic when i was 7 years old i recently found out about dyspraxic teens when i read caged in chaos i live in stafford, england i am in sixth form at stafford sports college and i am studying ICT, Media and resiting english 8)
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby madame_tigre » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, James!
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Welcome, James :D
Steph
Forum God !