*waves*

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

*waves*

Postby laura_2708 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi, I'm Laura and I'm 15.

I was diagnosed with dyspraxia a while ago, I think I was about eight, but my mum didn't really explain much about it until a while later; basically I'd just not done very well in a dance exam as my friends and didn't understand why :(

Anyway, I joined the forum because I still feel I don't know enough about dyspraxia, and I want to find out more about it and share my experiences with other people and find out theirs.

I hope this forum isn't dead, I think that this is a great idea. :D
laura_2708

Re: *waves*

Postby Creative » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi Laura, welcome to the forum. Don't worry the forum is not 'dead' and lots of members post here regularly.
I'm 25 and was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 15. I'm very impressed you've done dancing even if you didn't do very well in the exam.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:40 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Hello Laura, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 17 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and one fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby keegan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 pm

hey, i do dance too and i didn't do my best either don't worry asbout it you've tried your hardest and im sure there's lots of things to look at on here, everyones really friendly im new too :):) xxxx
keegan

Postby Ben Jackson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 am

Hi Laura,
Welcome to DT.
I'm Ben and I've got mild & verbal dyspraxia.
Some of the things I like are: listening to music, playing my guitars, electric organ, writing my own songs, watching DVD's ect..
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is certainly not dead. :)

I am Esther and I am not a teen any more, but never mind.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Return to Welcome