My boy Sean

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

My boy Sean

Postby jules » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi my name is Julie,

I have a beautiful 12 year old boy who suffers from dyspraxia, he started High School this year and not a day goes by when I dont worry for him, last week he was involved in a fight which upset me so much it`s just not him.

Julie
jules

Re: My boy Sean

Postby Remus » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Hello, Julie. I'm Remus and welcome to DT.

Sorry to hear about you being worrying about your son lately. I know, it's only natural but try not to worry so much because it makes things worse.

Has your son said what he was fighting about?
Remus
Site Admin

Postby jules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:39 am

Hi,

He said it was rearding name calling said boy pushed him and Sean just flipped, then when it came to Sean going to school next day he said he felt unwell, but I knew he was feeling scared, but they have now made
up

Julie
jules

Postby kyle » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:51 am

hi julie!
really feel for you as i am going through exactly the same with kyle! I worry for him everyday while he is at school! Kyle doesnt really know how to stick up for himself so normally bottles it up when he gets bullied then gets upset when home. He gets called some really nasty names especially when he falls over or walks into people! All day i sit thinking about him & pray for 3.20 to hurry up! He had some fantastic teachers at primary school & all the kids there knew him from very young so they all got used to his little quirks, but now he is at secondary school its a whole new thing for him, he seems to have got so much worse since being there that i really do not know what to do for him! i feel really useless!! its awful!
Would be great to have someone u is going thro the same to chat to.
Lianne (kyles mum)
kyle

Postby jules » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Lianne, Ive got quite a few things I can give you help with so tonight i`l put it all down on email to you, where do you live I live South Manchester

Jules
jules

Postby kyle » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Thank you that would be great! any help/advice would be very much appreciated.
We are due to see a doctor on thursday to see if there is any more local support for him. He hasnt seen anyone about it since he was 7 he was having physiotherapy for ages through primary school but since being at secondary school he isnt recieving any help whatsoever. The school do not really understand it so am hoping that the doctor can sort out an occupation therapist or something to give us more advise and the school.
He is a very intelligent boy so the last thing i would want to do would be to take him out of school but think it is unfair to leave him in the situation where he is constantly being bullied.
Lianne
kyle

Postby kyle » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:11 pm

forgot to say i live in oxfordshire.
Lianne
kyle

Return to Welcome