MY

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

MY

Postby Laura19 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:40 pm

My name is Laura i am 19 years old and i am from Dublin. i found out i had Dyspraxia when I was five! my main difficulties are wordfinding and understanding what people mean or in a film or in a program on TV. I am only really understanding about dyspraxia over the past few months i knew i had it before then but just thought it only affected my coordination. Recently i do things like cutting a difficult shape out of paper and realise these things are to do with my dyspraxia! School especially secondairy school was difficult my main struggle was mixing with the other people in my class and that they didnt seem to like me this encouraged me to be quite shy in school. I left school at the end of 5th year before the leaving cert as i was getting bad headaches which are gone now as i have been going to a physio for the=past few months which has got rid of them completely. I have just finished=reading the book caged in chaos which was so good and that is where i found out about this website which seems brilliant so far. This year i started a childcare course which is really good and most of the people are really nice. i have also been going to a counsellor who also has dyspraxia which has helped me so much to feel much better about myself and to understand about dyspraxia so much more! thats it for now and thanks for reading. lauraxx
Laura19
Power Poster

Re: MY

Postby Steph » Tue May 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue May 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Welcome to the forum, Laura. I hope you find it useful.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Ben Jackson » Wed May 19, 2010 9:35 am

Welcome to DT Laura,
I'm Ben and I've got dypspraxia (gross and verbal) and an condition that my makes my hands wobble some times when picking up things.
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Postby monkey » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:04 am

welcome
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby JamesStanley » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Laura welcome to the forum :D
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Hello Laura, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals especially big cats as I hope to work with them someday. I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Welcome