Hi people

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hi people

Postby borofan » Wed May 26, 2010 10:25 pm

My name is George and I've recently been diagnosed as being dyspraxic and slightly dyslexic. It's great to find there are fellow dyspraxics out there because these past few months have been a real challenge to say the least. I was always aware that I was slower and clumsier than my peers, going back to primary school. However it is only recently, since I started working as a firefighter, that the problem has really been highlighted. All my colleagues are so supportive but find it hard to relate to the difficulties I have. I struggle to remember sequences and I find that I'm clumsy and uncoordinated when running or using tools. I am told this is common amongst dyspraxics?? I'm 21, so I hope I can develop my skills further and eventually overcome dyspraxia completely, but to be honest it affects just about every aspect of my life so it will be a real challenge. Great to be part of the forum though!! All the best.
borofan

Re: Hi people

Postby bpcooper » Thu May 27, 2010 10:45 am

Try to think of the things that you excel at rather than the things you struggle with as i'm sure that there are quite a few things that you excel in where others don't.

And Hi by the way, I'm Benedict and I'm 18 and have Asperger Syndrome and Dyspraxia.
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu May 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi, welcome tothe forum.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Thu May 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby monkey » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:12 pm

welcome
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Hello George, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi George, welcome to the forum.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby JamesStanley » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi George, welcome to the forum
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby kellyj994 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 am

Hi,
I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
kellyj994

Postby JamesStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi Im james im 17 are you dyspraxic because i noticed that you have put your signature as link to download free movies.

Anyway Welcome to the Forum
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Return to Welcome