Hi Everyone!

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hi Everyone!

Postby James Brimer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:32 am

Hi, my name is James, I live in Pows, Wales. I am fourteen. I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was seven. I am Home educated :mrgreen:. I have a identical twin... (lots of I am's here....) After attempting to rejister four times. ( i got my mums e-mail adress wrong :oops: ), it is good to finaly get on and talk to other Dyspraxic's. I have been browsing the forum for the last week or so. My mum was pleased to see that i'm not the only one who paces!. (they get very annoyed with that) any way, HELLO!
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Re: Hi Everyone!

Postby Steph » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D

PS. Is your twin dyspraxic as well?
Steph
Forum God !

Postby James Brimer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:50 pm

No, Funny isn't it?, though acordings to TEDS, (Twin Early Development Study) roughly 40% of all Identical twins, only one has a Disability (SPD, APD, Dyspraixa etc), (all of which I have :mrgreen:)
James Brimer
Forum Master

Postby parnassus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm the same age as Steph, I have the same diagnoses as Steph, and I do a similar kind of job to hers. Mercifully I do have a different name. :) I'm Vicky, and I helped to establish Dyspraxic Teens back when I was sixteen. Welcome to the forum, James.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby bpcooper » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Wow, I find that weird James.

Welcome to Dyspraxic Teens by the way mate, I'm Benedict and am 18 and have Dyspraxia and Asperger Syndrome. I also have a twin but mine is non identical.
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby monkey » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:31 pm

welcome
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby James Brimer » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:45 am

Thanks, To awnser which ever one of you it was who has a twin, it is wierd, Though he shows tendencies its nothing to get picked up, though no0body is a as close as Identical twins. Though I don't think being of ogxygen for a year helped my health.
James Brimer
Forum Master

Postby Remus » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm

Hello James, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Welcome