My story

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

My story

Postby James Brimer » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I've posted it on here because my e-mail don't work :mrgreen:.

Hi (Again), This is my story:

I was born in 1995. I was premature and weighed less than a bag of sugar. You could fit my mums wedding ring round my wrist. I was a few grams of being one of the smallest babies born. I was Diagnosed with Dyspraxia at 7, or at least mum told me about it then. :D . I am know Home_Educated. Some would call it un-lucky. But I don't only have Dyspraxia (One disorders boring), no I also have Auditory Processing Disorder and Sensory Processing Disorder and (yes another one) Heavily Suspected Irlen Syndrome and Peti-mal epilepsy (grown out of this, or at least I havn't had a fit in four years :D ). I was heavily bullied at school by my class mates and teaches :( . They didn't understand of these disorders. One teacher didn't belive Dyspraxia existed :evil: . School hurt, Literately, the SPD makes me sensitive to sound, the APD (for overkill) makes it so I hear some letters the same, th & F for example. My Dyspraxia is medium. I pronounce some words incorrectly (I think Gone but it comes out Got). My shorty term memory is bad. Though I have near photo graphic long term. I exhaust very easily. (though I did do a 13K walk a month or so ago with a full 65 litre rucksack and cooking stuff and the tent.) . My hand writing is rubbish. Sometimes I can't read it. (Though the Dicta Phone helps a lot). Since I left school I no longer have to go to noisy environments :mrgreen: (sighs), which is good, because if there are loads of people I just sit in a corner with my hands in my ears wanting to scream. I hate group sports with a passion. I have various "tools of the trade" that I find really useful. A ruler with grips on the bottom. A Yoro-Pen. A alpha smart. A trusty pair of big ear muffs (I love the peace and quite). I also like swimming underwater. I do a 30min Yoga session at 6:30 in the morning. (I can't sleep that well). I also try to exercise regularly. I have a massive interest in Human Biology. I also do a lot of Bush-craft. My usual atire is a pair (Why a pair, a pair also meaning two???) is a "pair" of combat trousers, A big green t-shirt and big heavy hiking boots. My voice is a bit like Matt smiths (Doctor Who). The good thing abut home-ed is I can do modular maths which is far easier (its in shorter sections, first exam in November). I do seven languages (6 of them are dead). I find Dyspraxia makes you unique, celebrate your unique ness with others, Were not like the toy soldiers of the normals. (Even if they do think i'm thick). If you have opportunity to get any eqiutment, use it, I find it really helps. Achivment wise I am a county bare bow champion, I am a corpral in St. John, I am a young leader in explorer scouts, I am a member of Llandrindod Wells transition, I have got my chief scout gold, Grand Prior award, and Soon my bronze DoE.

Any way thats my story. Hope you enjoyed it. James
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Re: My story

Postby DystantMind » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Hey James, I'm James, welcome to the forum :)

That was a pretty long introduction and you managed to fit a lot in about yourself. It sounds like you've had a pretty hard time but by the sounds of it you're doing pretty well, so good on you :-D

I'm seventeen and from Lincolnshire UK and currently studying A Levels which is proving very difficult for me. I have trouble controlling my stress and I'm pretty sensitive.

Hope you enjoy the forum :-D
DystantMind
DystantMind
Advanced Member

Return to Welcome